• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fresco Fiasco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresco Fiasco

Have we done this one yet? Quite funny in a way

Spanish fresco restoration botched by amateur

Shame about the fresco, if it can never be uncovered without further damage. But luckily it wasn't very old, and so not a complete disaster.

If only this old lady had retouched some modern abstract art in a gallery instead - She'd have probably improved it!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

The once-dignified portrait now resembles a crayon sketch of a very hairy monkey in an ill-fitting tunic, he says.

I've seen kids do better pictures

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Have we done this one yet? Quite funny in a way

Spanish fresco restoration botched by amateur

Shame about the fresco, if it can never be uncovered without further damage. But luckily it wasn't very old, and so not a complete disaster.

If only this old lady had retouched some modern abstract art in a gallery instead - She'd have probably improved it!
      Most of the damage was caused by getting the old paint off with a blow torch.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        The once-dignified portrait now resembles a crayon sketch of a very hairy monkey in an ill-fitting tunic, he says.

I've seen kids do better pictures
        Its a bit like Mr Bean.

Comment

Wow, what a mess up.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

DKUATF

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-thinking.html
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think we have the first entrant for the 2013 AndyW prize.

Comment

I wonder how long the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel would have lasted if old biddys could climb ladders?

Poor old soul, she probably feels a right fool. Although I did notice that she was doing that OAP "no, I never made a mistake" thing in an interview with her on the BBC news today, which lessened my sympathies a bit. She seemed to think that because there were people standing about failing to wrestle her to the ground and stop her, that somehow constituted her "having permission" to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                  Poor old soul, she probably feels a right fool.
                  If only she spent more time feeling fools instead of painting the messiah she'd have saved everyone a lot of trouble.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Doesn't seem that bad. Leonardo's style is quite similar:

Comment

Working...
                    X