• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it too early

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    you get fined in Germany for not doing that.
    We do here too, its called £1000 a year council tax for emptying the bins. But you pay the fine if you sort rubbish or not.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
      Ive heard of it, but its something Ive never done. Sort your rubbish into different bins? hahaha fk that.
      Indeed, brother. Yet another mysterious bin appeared in the middle of my driveway this week. I've no idea what its purpose is in The Age Of Recycling. It has a blue lid and a grey exterior with extra wide "Pimp my Bin" low profile rubber wheels.

The most annoying thing is that it is much wider than the grey bin that I put all my waste in, so is blocking the way whenever I try and get the lawnmower through the alleyway to the front garden.

There's no choice but to take yet another of these "bins of colour" and "recycle" it straight down the local industrial waste site, if I can get it into the boot of my car.

If not, I'll strap it to my back and take the motorbike instead.

When will this eco-madness, a thinly veneered hat tip to land fill, stop!?!??!

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        For champagne?
        Just arrived. How long did that take?

Sheesh, about 18 hours. I'm off to the bar for another glass.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Indeed, brother. Yet another mysterious bin appeared in the middle of my driveway this week. I've no idea what its purpose is in The Age Of Recycling. It has a blue lid and a grey exterior with extra wide "Pimp my Bin" low profile rubber wheels.

The most annoying thing is that it is much wider than the grey bin that I put all my waste in, so is blocking the way whenever I try and get the lawnmower through the alleyway to the front garden.

There's no choice but to take yet another of these "bins of colour" and "recycle" it straight down the local industrial waste site, if I can get it into the boot of my car.

If not, I'll strap it to my back and take the motorbike instead.

When will this eco-madness, a thinly veneered hat tip to land fill, stop!?!??!

So in summary you're boasting that you're too stupid to know how to use your bins?

Recycling is hardly eco-madness. It's not like they're expecting you to compost
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            But they are, d000hg, they are.

I've had no letter from the Surrey Bundeskartellamt to tell me what this new dusty bin is for!

I mean, subservient citizens such as yourself might have the second-sight instinct into knowing what one should do, but mere mortals such as myself are flummoxed by such generosity as to receiving a shiny new object from our overlords.

I'm wondering whereabouts I can place my burnt offerings on it to reduce the extortionate kickbacks I make to the Mafia, sorry, er, unaccountable council.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              So in summary you're boasting that you're too stupid to know how to use your bins?

So to summarise, they want me to pay £1000 a year in tax where the only tangible benefit is getting my bins emptied which costs around £50 a year to provide. They then want me to waste my time sorting the rubbish into different bins so they can sell it for recycling probably generating about a £5.

All the time encouraging people to have more children by paying people for each one they have.

The day we go to a one child per family policy is the day I'll take this environmental nonsense seriously. Work on the cause not the symptom.

Comment

Working...
              X