• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Rubbish bag 'tax' to encourage recycling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a good idea. I had some Laburnums (speeling?), chopped them down. Now this is a very poisonous plant, so thought, in my deep wisdom, that burning something so nasty on site was the most sensible course of action. No, some git from across the way goes and calls the environmental health because I'm "burning tires" he says.

Environmental health officer turns up and acts the civil savant asshole part.

Said "Yes, yes, won't happen again", and later paid someone down the pub to smash his windows, kick the crap out of him, and set fire to his garden furniture. Fscking busy bodies.

threaded in "yet another reason for leaving the UK" mode
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      This is why I remove all the address labels from my bin bag...

A shredder is your friend... you just can't be too paranoid...
      I thought your razor sharp crosscut teeth might suffice?
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Google

Originally posted by threaded
        Not a good idea. I had some Laburnums (speeling?), chopped them down. Now this is a very poisonous plant, so thought, in my deep wisdom, that burning something so nasty on site was the most sensible course of action. No, some git from across the way goes and calls the environmental health because I'm "burning tires" he says.

Environmental health officer turns up and acts the civil savant asshole part.

Said "Yes, yes, won't happen again", and later paid someone down the pub to smash his windows, kick the crap out of him, and set fire to his garden furniture. Fscking busy bodies.

threaded in "yet another reason for leaving the UK" mode

Did a google and you can buy approved smokeless, smell free incinerators that will cope with just about everything I need to get rid of on a daily/weekly basis except the metal bits of course.

Comment

A new plan B

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Does it work on bodies?

Come in handy if you've got a spare "Jack the hat McVittie" or two to dispose of... and the pigs are full.

Yep thats what they're designed for animal carcass'

Body disposal, asylum control 1001 uses ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X