• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Rubbish bag 'tax' to encourage recycling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Rubbish bag 'tax' to encourage recycling

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...222867,00.html

'HOMEOWNERS face paying a second tax for their household rubbish to be collected as part of a range of proposals to reform council tax',

Milan.

You missed out the key bit - "It is a fairness issue".

So, that is alright then.

How long before they announce a 'Ministry of Fairness'...?
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Note how the proposed new tax will "supplement" council tax, not reduce it.
      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

I think people with dropped kerbs should pay extra tax as well. After all they get lower insurance premiums for their cars, and don't have hedges, causing a double whammy on the environment, so it is only fair.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I think people with two doors to their house should pay extra tax. When the police are chasing them it requires twice as many officers, one for each door. Also think of the environmental impact of having twice as many doors as necessary, all that wood. So it is only fair.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
            Note how the proposed new tax will "supplement" council tax, not reduce it.
            I agree. If this were to be how all rubbish collection were paid for (as it is in Switzerland) I think it's a great way to go. I live in a block of flats with shared collection and it's amazing how a couple of lazy sods can completely fill the industrial sized bin all on their own, whilst the rest of us try hard to reduce our waste. There should be a way of penalising them for doing so.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              I think people with two doors to their house should pay extra tax. When the police are chasing them it requires twice as many officers, one for each door. Also think of the environmental impact of having twice as many doors as necessary, all that wood. So it is only fair.
              My doors are lovely uPVC, does that mean I pay less tax? Or more because production of the doors produces more environmental pollutants? Enquiring minds need to know! Ok, just me then.

Comment

I see the local tip has recently installed a number plate recognition system - no doubt using this facility will soon attract a charge.

I see a huge increase in fly tipping as the only outcome of these measures

Comment

I've always wondered how you tip a fly. Does it have pockets?

Comment

I've got a good tip for flies:

Dont buzz about in my house; otherwise I'll chase you with a rolled up newspaper, splat you, then lets the dogs eat you. Now buzz off into the house next door and annoy him.

Comment

Working...
                    X