• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom and Gloom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom and Gloom

Noticed that the stock markets all going tits up.

Is this the begining of the DOWNTURN.
    I'm alright Jack

We're doomed, all doomed I tell yer.

P.S.
    market's

Comment

Markets go up, markets go down. In the long run it doesnt really matter but it does make good headlines.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I wonder if the house prices will be next ?

Markets are taking a hammering, people are losing money.

Milan.

Comment

People are losing money?

What money?
          Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
            Markets are taking a hammering, people are losing money.
            That's right, Milan. You've got to back almost, ooh, 6 months to see the FTSE valued this low. It's carnage out there, we all doomed, etc.

Comment

...but when markets go down, banks lose money and when banks lose money they ...

FIRE CONTRACTORS

Contractors get jobs, contractors lose jobs but in the long run they always end up in a secure job stacking trolleys at Tescos
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

But house prices are still rising.

Buy a house quick, they're cheap!

Comment

Mervyn King's big mouth :-O
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                    ...but when markets go down, banks lose money and when banks lose money they ...

FIRE CONTRACTORS

Contractors get jobs, contractors lose jobs but in the long run they always end up in a secure job stacking trolleys at Tescos
                    I dont work for a Bank
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X