• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice / Strategic areas to live in London area

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Master Bates.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      When I first came to London in 2005 I rented a room for £525 all-in off Caledonian Road, N1. Easy walk to Kings Cross.

Then up until 2 years ago I was renting a 2 bed flat in Finsbury Park for £1300 a month, if you can find someone to share with that would be easily within budget.

Not sure if/how much rates have gone up in that time. Really great access to National Rail and Piccadilly line at Finsbury Park.

I now own a house in Tottenham (Zone 3) and have great access to Piccadilly Line at Turnpike Lane and Victoria Line and National Rail to Liverpool St/Stratford/Stansted at Tottenham Hale. Door to door commute is currently 50 mins depending on bus timings to the station, to Canary Wharf.

Piccadilly also goes all the way to Heathrow if you flying anwyhere, used quite a few times.

You may also be able to claim the rent from your company depending on contract duration, and if you have a primary residence elsewhere.

GL
      Cheers Scrag Meister. Yeah I would say most prob will do the same as you did, in the beginning I just want to flatshare, 1 for budget reasons, and secondly to get to know London better. That is what I did here in Brux too, a small flat for a month, until I got to know where the nicest part of the city is.

I heard that Tottenham is not a very nice area though, its in the East part of London right?

Comment

Reigate/Redhill area; 25 mins to Victoria, 35 to London Bridge, on M25/M23, 15 mins Gatwick, 30 mins Heathrow.

I have a house for sale if interested

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          Reigate/Redhill area; 25 mins to Victoria, 35 to London Bridge, on M25/M23, 15 mins Gatwick, 30 mins Heathrow.

I have a house for sale if interested
          How much?

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
            CM's more your level.
            That's not very nice. If anything it's Spod punching above his weight and he's pretty heavy.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I have two; one a 3 bed detached, the other a 2 bed bungalow. Large gerdens, for area (about 12m by 30m) and large driveway on bungalow, garage and large drive on house.

£375k and £325k respectively, but would drop 5% on losing agency fees. Both renovated to high standard, using high quality gear (solid oak floors, slate roofs, proper ceramics in the kitchen and bathroom).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                I have two; one a 3 bed detached, the other a 2 bed bungalow. Large gerdens, for area (about 12m by 30m) and large driveway on bungalow, garage and large drive on house.

£375k and £325k respectively, but would drop 5% on losing agency fees. Both renovated to high standard, using high quality gear (solid oak floors, slate roofs, proper ceramics in the kitchen and bathroom).
                Wish I had the money! We'll talk in 10 years time

Comment

Originally posted by farout117 View Post
                  Cheers Scrag Meister. Yeah I would say most prob will do the same as you did, in the beginning I just want to flatshare, 1 for budget reasons, and secondly to get to know London better. That is what I did here in Brux too, a small flat for a month, until I got to know where the nicest part of the city is.

I heard that Tottenham is not a very nice area though, its in the East part of London right?
                  North London, Borough of Haringey.

And they only riot every 36 years. .

I live 200 yards from Broadwater Farm (look it up) and near the main intial riot hotspot last year (Tottenham High Road) and didn't see a thing except what was on TV.

N17
                  Harringey
                  Riots
                  Last edited by Scrag Meister; 4 September 2012, 14:40.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                    North London, Borough of Haringey.

And they only riot every 36 years. .

I live 200 yards from Broadwater Farm (look it up) and near the main intial riot hotspot last year (Tottenham High Road) and didn't see a thing except what was on TV.

N17
                    Harringey
                    Ah ok, look at first link, seems like a nice place. And you have the Spurs too, so its a bonus Excuse my ignorance but Tottenham Court Road is something completely different right? Its more Central London

Comment

Originally posted by farout117 View Post
                      Ah ok, look at first link, seems like a nice place. And you have the Spurs too, so its a bonus Excuse my ignorance but Tottenham Court Road is something completely different right? Its more Central London
                      You know how to use Google Maps? But yes is the answer.
                      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                      X