• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Posts by those on one's ignore list

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Robby is an annoying cock who's thick as two short planks but DA is amusing sometimes, and by all accounts a decent fella, unless he gets one of his pea-brain-storms.
    Is that why i am constantly right about things? And why you are constantly unable to prove otherwise? And in your frustration resorting only to insults as seen in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
      Is that why i am constantly right about things?
      You owe me a new keyboard
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        You owe me a new keyboard
        Again, show me where i am wrong? This is what people are continually failing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          Doodab has put me on ignore because i continually outwit him.

Bless.
          There are some type of 'wits' on here, but I wouldn't have used the word 'out' in front of it.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Why must posts by people on one's ignore list be so damned prominent, in great big bold type?

Each time somebody posts who I'd rather not be reminded exists, it actually stands out more, apart from the tantalizingly concealed contents, than a normal post by someone else!

Can't we have a "completely ignore posts by this user", which don't show up at all in one's thread view?

Sorry if this has been discussed before (and sorry about this post if I'm on your ignore list )
            Aww, miss you

Comment

Still no solution to this.

Also, it would be nice to be able to ignore any thread tagged with Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Also, it would be nice to be able to ignore any thread tagged with Brexit.
                We could just delete every post that contains that word, or Remoan, etc.

...but that would take an awful lot of time since most threads in General seem to gravitate to that subject, whether directly due to the topic, or indirectly due to the divisiveness of it and how it makes some posters react to others.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

would that not mean this thread is deleted also? Yeah yeah delete Brexit.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sorted

Click on the xog version of CUK General:

General

Go to this thread or any with Owlhoot post and it should be blank. The first Owlhoot post anyway, can't be arsed to loop through then all.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Immensely complex PHP code if anyone wants to improve it. Just find the name and the post is in following blockquote element.

$main = "http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/";

//get link page or main page if not link
                      $link = $_GET['link'];
                      if ($link=="")
                      {
                      $link = $main;
                      }
                      $crap = file_get_contents($link);

//standard changes all pages
                      $pos0 = strpos($crap,"Owlhoot");
                      $pos1 = strpos($crap,"<blockquote",$pos0+10);
                      $pos2 = strpos($crap,"</blockquote>",$pos1+12) ;
                      $crap = substr($crap,0,$pos1).substr($crap,$pos2+13);

//Change links
                      $crap = str_replace($main,"http://www.xoggoth.org/pages/xogcuk5.php?link=$main",$crap);

//show page
                      echo $crap;
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X