• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am the interview pro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am the interview pro

Why is it that I am flawless in my delivery when explaining my job history and techy know how... If I'm at home and nobody's there!

Come the actual meeting, even though it's in a Starbucks and not a stuffy meeting room I still fumble my speech and my new favourite words become erm and err.

Ah Tulips

This is not a question but a rant, I think hahha

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Yep, strangely I agree

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
        Why is it that I am flawless in my delivery when explaining my job history and techy know how... If I'm at home and nobody's there!

Come the actual meeting, even though it's in a Starbucks and not a stuffy meeting room I still fumble my speech and my new favourite words become erm and err.
        Take a copy of your c.v. with you. Page one should be your career summary, so have it in front of you and roll from that. Flick through the c.v. if they want more detail on a specific role. That's what I do. Never had a problem.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Did you remember you were suppose to be interviewing them as well to check they/the agent aren't lying?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Did you remember you were suppose to be interviewing them as well to check they/the agent aren't lying?
            Agents lie!!??? Blimey.

Back to the OP. That's because in your head you ask yourself the right questions when you're at home. When sitting in front of someone else they seldom follow the same script. It happens, I would suspect we've all come away from a meeting thinking "Bugger, I should have said......"

Comment

Do you look at people's faces when you are talking to them?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Do you look at people's faces when you are talking to them?
                Yes, I give them my Vietnam Death Stare. If they flinch, I know they are lying. At that point, things turn ugly...
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                  Yes, I give them my Vietnam Death Stare. If they flinch, I know they are lying. At that point, things turn ugly...
                  so its a lifetime on benefits for you then
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Ah Tulips

This is not a question but a rant, I think hahha
                    Is it because you're an IT nerd with no social skills? That's my excuse...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X