• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to spend birthday money on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to spend birthday money on?

It was my birthday recently and as usual i just got given money by family & relatives as i really couldn't think of anythign i wanted, so i've got about £120 to buy myself something with.

The thing is i'm really stumped as to what to get, as there's nothing i really want as such. If i put it in my account it will just get swallowed up on household crap so i would prefer to get something with it. I do like technology and gadgets so would like something of that persuation (rather than suggestions of blowing it on a hooker )

I've fairly recently bought a couple of media players, a largish remote control helicopter (Syma S033G S033G - 3CH R/C helicopter with GYRO - Syma Toys) but would be interested to hear from the panel as to suggestions of things they've recently got or had their eye on

Ta muchly

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
    It was my birthday recently and as usual i just got given money by family & relatives as i really couldn't think of anythign i wanted, so i've got about £120 to buy myself something with.

The thing is i'm really stumped as to what to get, as there's nothing i really want as such. If i put it in my account it will just get swallowed up on household crap so i would prefer to get something with it. I do like technology and gadgets so would like something of that persuation (rather than suggestions of blowing it on a hooker )

I've fairly recently bought a couple of media players, a largish remote control helicopter (Syma S033G S033G - 3CH R/C helicopter with GYRO - Syma Toys) but would be interested to hear from the panel as to suggestions of things they've recently got or had their eye on

Ta muchly
    If you are blowing the hooker you are doing it wrong
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      If you are blowing the hooker you are doing it wrong
      Not necessarily, think about it.

Ive been considering one of these:-

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/aud...1090466/review

It combines PVR and tv on demand (like iplayer etc) all in one unit.

Comment

I spent mine on sweets and comics
        I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post

Ta muchly
          I have my greedy little eyes on a Canon EOS 6D, being released this december. Snag is it will be a bit over £2K, and £120 would barely buy the lens cap

But seriously, how about a Corsair Flash Survivor Stealth Ruggedised 64GB USB3.0 Flash Drive and a meal out with the OH (not me, your OH - well me if you like, as long as you're paying!)
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
            Not necessarily, think about it.

Ive been considering one of these:-

Humax DTR-T1000 review | Digital tv recorders Reviews | TechRadar

It combines PVR and tv on demand (like iplayer etc) all in one unit.
            The reviews on Amazon mostly say wait until the next release as it will be better.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              The reviews on Amazon mostly say wait until the next release as it will be better.
              But Sue, that's just a software update away. Assuming what they moaned about hasnt already been updated. Its a bit like processors, you can wait for the next one which will be better, but do you ever actually get one?

Comment

Working...
              X