• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Premiership is a waste of effort

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premiership is a waste of effort

Now that the premiership is sewn up, I am pleading with the managership of mighty Everton to concentrate on the FA cup.

I appreciate we have had easy games so far (like Man U) , but I think its toffees all round

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Now that the premiership is sewn up, I am pleading with the managership of mighty Everton to concentrate on the FA cup.

I appreciate we have had easy games so far (like Man U) , but I think its toffees all round

I hate cricket, so I wouldn't know.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

I've been thinking of possible good omens to back that up, EO, and immediately came up with this one.

If they do win the premiership this season, it will have been 26 years since they last won it, the same number of years that Man Utd had to wait between 1967 and 1993.

Incidentally, of the other traditional post-war "Big Five" clubs, Liverpool will reach that landmark soon, in 2016, but Arsenal will have to wait until 2030.

As for Spurs, they are at 51 years and counting...

Comment

Looking good, I'm a Liverpool fan but I have more Toffees in my fantasy team... says it all.

Thanks for the points this week Leighton B.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Looking good, I'm a Liverpool fan but I have more Toffees in my fantasy team... says it all.

Thanks for the points this week Leighton B.
          The blue half are doing well - big thanks to Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            As for Spurs, they are at 51 years and counting...
            But they have not been a "Big Five" Club since the days of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              But they have not been a "Big Five" Club since the days of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

But I did say "traditional post-war". They were one of the richest clubs until the seventies.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

But I did say "traditional post-war". They were one of the richest clubs until the seventies.
                To be fair, they still are quite "rich".
                It is just that they are pants!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  To be fair, they still are quite "rich".
                  It is just that they are pants!!

But just wait until the year ends with a '1'.

Oh, they've just missed another one.

Comment

Dont be such a kn0b. you will end up in the bottom half again,
                    stop posting when you are pissed

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X