• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

newsnight right now attacking "self employed"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    they most certainly do - they undermine it. what I find fascinating is how so many people who benefit from the capitalist system who love to criticise it but offer no alternative.
    I think you are right.
    But has the BBC always been left-wing? When I was a student years ago I used to just accept what they said as gospel truth and the work of "responsible" adults.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      I think you are right.
      But has the BBC always been left-wing? When I was a student years ago I used to just accept what they said as gospel truth and the work of "responsible" adults.
      They used to be very much part of the establishment. Now they are populated by "right on" (priviliged) liberals who seem to think it is cool to be left wing. it is a guilt thing which is what poor Steve Coogan suffers from.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
        I remember an election night in the 70s where the Beeb was very pro-Tory and ITV was equally pro-Labour.

Edit: it might have been the late 60s
        Last edited by Sysman; 29 September 2012, 10:00.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          I remember an election night in the 70s where the Beeb was very pro-Tory and ITV was equally pro-Labour.

Edit: it might have been the late 60s
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Was that under Grocer Heath? Seem to recall The Daily Mail supporting Labour in that election. Heath was the worst PM ever.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Was that under Grocer Heath? Seem to recall The Daily Mail supporting Labour in that election. Heath was the worst PM ever.
              1974. Yes, Heath was in charge of a poor government.

Their big thing was getting us into the Common Market. In those days I think the Tories were in favour of that and Labour weren't, which might explain the juxtaposition of BBC and ITV, I don't know.

Oh, and the three-day week.

Comment

Working...
              X