• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does this count as proper exercise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this count as proper exercise?

Working from home I thought I'd try to get into the habit of swimming each lunchtime. But I can only really spare an hour out of the house and the pool is 10-15min walk away (on a hill). So with time to change factored in, that's probably 25min walking (half uphill) and 25min swimming.

Does doing that 3-5 times a week constitute a healthy level of exercise that will have a realistic impact on fitness and fatness?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Yes, swimming is great exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Working from home I thought I'd try to get into the habit of swimming each lunchtime. But I can only really spare an hour out of the house and the pool is 10-15min walk away (on a hill). So with time to change factored in, that's probably 25min walking (half uphill) and 25min swimming.

Does doing that 3-5 times a week constitute a healthy level of exercise that will have a realistic impact on fitness and fatness?
      Yes. But you'll always be a cretin.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That's OK, one problem at a time.

Comment

Anything is better than nothing
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I would need a cig and a rest by the time I got to the pool. Finish the cig and it would be time to start back down again.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I would need a cig and a rest by the time I got to the pool. Finish the cig and it would be time to start back down again.
              I'm sure a half decent business project manager would suggest you have the cig in the pool while swimming to deliver the end result quicker
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

It is bound to do you good. If you want to really maximise the benefit though, just jog there and back in your budgie smugglers. This will cut out the time lost through having to change giving you a longer swim, and the extra calories you burn trying to keep warm on the run back whilst sopping wet will have you looking like a racing snake in no time.

HTH

aussielong
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  It is bound to do you good. If you want to really maximise the benefit though, just jog there and back in your budgie smugglers. This will cut out the time lost through having to change giving you a longer swim, and the extra calories you burn trying to escape getting a kicking from youths on the run back whilst sopping wet will have you looking like a racing snake in no time.

Comment

start work earlier or finish later

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Why don't you just start work half an hour earlier or work later to make up the lost time?

Comment

Working...
                    X