• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Internet use.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try and avoid all things electronic on holiday, and managed 4 weeks from 6 this summer.

I had an iPhone and got so fed up just playing with it (games, text, internet, Facebook, etc), that I sold it within 2 months, as the evenings were just spent on it.

Terribly addictive.

The wife and I down tools on Friday night and ensure we have active weekends away from internet as a family. It works well, but was hard at first.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      My Name is MF and I am an idiot.
      Hear hear.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

13 days on holiday, after 2 days it was easy.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          I try and avoid all things electronic on holiday, and managed 4 weeks from 6 this summer.

I had an iPhone and got so fed up just playing with it (games, text, internet, Facebook, etc), that I sold it within 2 months, as the evenings were just spent on it.

Terribly addictive.

The wife and I down tools on Friday night and ensure we have active weekends away from internet as a family. It works well, but was hard at first.
          I'm beginning to think I may get rid of my iPhone.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Without wanting to sounds trite, it was one of the better tech decisions I have ever made. Now have a tri band nokia that makes calls, and sends texts. I even forget it sometimes as it has that little impact on my life now.

Comment

When I went on holiday I used my Android everyday - maps, email, Facebook. It was nice to communicate to friends. Wasn't so pleasant to receive client emails and calls.

I think next time I won't take it (or take an old fashioned mobile phone for emergencies only).

And as for fecking data roaming charges!?!?!?! My god, what a rip-off.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Are you still here?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Are you still here?
                  No. I'm outside your bathroom window, that lock looks loose....
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

No. I'm outside your bathroom window, that lock looks loose....
                    It's actually open but I don't advise you to climb through it.

(There is a bucket of bleach under it.)
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X