Taser first and ask questions later Taser first and ask questions later
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Default Taser first and ask questions later

BBC News - Police use Taser on blind man after stick mistaken for sword

Sounds like the officer concerned needs a white stick.

Banned

Ketchup has no reputation

Poor guy didn't even see it coming

Super poster

lilelvis2000 is a permanent contractor

Probably an officer demoted from the terror squad. They all have itchy trigger fingers apparently.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Super poster

Robinho has no reputation

Sounds like the end of Return of the Jedi.

Ducklike

Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

No, no, perfectly reasonable .... according to some posters on here who think the police can do no wrong

Banned

Old Hack has no reputation

Apparently the chap did himself no favours by ignoring the 'stop now' command, but really, could he really not tell it was a white stick, or was he practising Ninja moves with it?

I am very happy the chap is already taking advise on how to act now 'scared to go out', 'really affected my personality', 'I sometimes taste the electricity in my sleep'. Good man, should get a nice lump sum for his retirement.

Officer should be drummed out of the force. Old fella like that chap could have keeled over.

Has anyone here been tasered? I went to a BBQ once where someone had a taser, and by the evening, most men were keen to try it. I didn't, as I don't drink, but tulip it was funny.

TPAFKAk2p2

mudskipper is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hack View Post
    Apparently the chap did himself no favours by ignoring the 'stop now' command, but really, could he really not tell it was a white stick, or was he practising Ninja moves with it?

I am very happy the chap is already taking advise on how to act now 'scared to go out', 'really affected my personality', 'I sometimes taste the electricity in my sleep'. Good man, should get a nice lump sum for his retirement.

Officer should be drummed out of the force. Old fella like that chap could have keeled over.

Has anyone here been tasered? I went to a BBQ once where someone had a taser, and by the evening, most men were keen to try it. I didn't, as I don't drink, but tulip it was funny.

Without a visual cue to indicate that "Stop now" is directed at you (when you're doing nothing that would warrant being yelled at) it's understandable he didn't realise it was a) the police and b) being shouted at him.

I think he would be pretty traumatised, and is one case who deserves his compensation.

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hack View Post
    Has anyone here been tasered?
    Apparently almost everyone at the last CUK meet up.

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Without a visual cue to indicate that "Stop now" is directed at you (when you're doing nothing that would warrant being yelled at) it's understandable he didn't realise it was a) the police and b) being shouted at him.

I think he would be pretty traumatised, and is one case who deserves his compensation.
    WSS

A blind person wouldn't really have the visual clue and so would just assume it was shouting. Of course Old Hack will dispute this. Old Hack is placed in a blindfold and shouted at would be able to tell the distance, direction and even the hair colour of the shouter. I have been led to believe this is because of years of Kung Fu and Cricket training to a semi professional level. He's the David Carradine of the blindfolded world and possibly the bedroom cupboard, orange in mouth world as well.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Sorry but I don't think he deserves compensation. Only because their is way too much compensation culture out there.

But the officer should be sacked. Blind cretin.