• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taser first and ask questions later

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taser first and ask questions later

BBC News - Police use Taser on blind man after stick mistaken for sword

Sounds like the officer concerned needs a white stick.

Poor guy didn't even see it coming

Comment

Probably an officer demoted from the terror squad. They all have itchy trigger fingers apparently.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Sounds like the end of Return of the Jedi.

Comment

No, no, perfectly reasonable .... according to some posters on here who think the police can do no wrong

Comment

Apparently the chap did himself no favours by ignoring the 'stop now' command, but really, could he really not tell it was a white stick, or was he practising Ninja moves with it?

I am very happy the chap is already taking advise on how to act now 'scared to go out', 'really affected my personality', 'I sometimes taste the electricity in my sleep'. Good man, should get a nice lump sum for his retirement.

Officer should be drummed out of the force. Old fella like that chap could have keeled over.

Has anyone here been tasered? I went to a BBQ once where someone had a taser, and by the evening, most men were keen to try it. I didn't, as I don't drink, but tulip it was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              Apparently the chap did himself no favours by ignoring the 'stop now' command, but really, could he really not tell it was a white stick, or was he practising Ninja moves with it?

I am very happy the chap is already taking advise on how to act now 'scared to go out', 'really affected my personality', 'I sometimes taste the electricity in my sleep'. Good man, should get a nice lump sum for his retirement.

Officer should be drummed out of the force. Old fella like that chap could have keeled over.

Has anyone here been tasered? I went to a BBQ once where someone had a taser, and by the evening, most men were keen to try it. I didn't, as I don't drink, but tulip it was funny.

Without a visual cue to indicate that "Stop now" is directed at you (when you're doing nothing that would warrant being yelled at) it's understandable he didn't realise it was a) the police and b) being shouted at him.

I think he would be pretty traumatised, and is one case who deserves his compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                Has anyone here been tasered?
                Apparently almost everyone at the last CUK meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Without a visual cue to indicate that "Stop now" is directed at you (when you're doing nothing that would warrant being yelled at) it's understandable he didn't realise it was a) the police and b) being shouted at him.

I think he would be pretty traumatised, and is one case who deserves his compensation.
                  WSS

A blind person wouldn't really have the visual clue and so would just assume it was shouting. Of course Old Hack will dispute this. Old Hack is placed in a blindfold and shouted at would be able to tell the distance, direction and even the hair colour of the shouter. I have been led to believe this is because of years of Kung Fu and Cricket training to a semi professional level. He's the David Carradine of the blindfolded world and possibly the bedroom cupboard, orange in mouth world as well.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Sorry but I don't think he deserves compensation. Only because their is way too much compensation culture out there.

But the officer should be sacked. Blind cretin.

Comment

Working...
                    X