• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you have a will?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have left everything to the denizens of cuk to have a fooking good party.

Alas after section 58 I think its going to be a small lemonade and 50 straws. Sorry about that.
    Felching circle with lemonade for the winner it is then.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I lost mine a long time ago.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

worth doing there are a number of ways to ensure that the chancellor doesn't get his hands on your money.

fairly cheap as well.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Serious subject, but do you have a will? Now that my finances are sorted I am actually worth more dead than I am alive, I am single but have kids. I know technically they will get everything whether I write it down or not, but I suppose having it all done officially will save a lot of hassle when my ex kills me
          If you don't have a will and you drop dead, the children's court appointed trustees (in your case likely to be their mother) will have to go to court to be able to use the funds you have left for them before they are 18.

If you have a new partner and more children later on it will get even more complicated especially if the older ones are 18 or over.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            worth doing there are a number of ways to ensure that the chancellor doesn't get his hands on your money.

fairly cheap as well.
            I keep meaning to get one.

Is it possible to make a will that it all be drawn out as cash and then burnt?

Comment

Did 'mirror wills' about 20 years ago. Hubby never got his signed.

Updated them about 10 years ago. Hubby never got his signed.

I've now shredded mine, because I don't see why I should make life easy for him if he doesn't extend the same courtesy to me. Got a copy on the computer, so if he does his, I'll redo mine.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                I keep meaning to get one.

Is it possible to make a will that it all be drawn out as cash and then burnt?
                You mean donated to the public purse? I didn't know you had it in you.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  I have I did it years ago before I was married to ensure my mother didn't get a penny if anything happened to me
                  Good to know you appreciate the gift of life.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Did 'mirror wills' about 20 years ago. Hubby never got his signed.

Updated them about 10 years ago. Hubby never got his signed.

I've now shredded mine, because I don't see why I should make life easy for him if he doesn't extend the same courtesy to me. Got a copy on the computer, so if he does his, I'll redo mine.
                  Damn right, what were you thinking marriage is, some sort of relationship where you care about each other? When you die that'll teach him a lesson.

Unless it's a loving plan to help him grieve less by making him remember what a PITA you were?!
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Good to know you appreciate the gift of life.

Damn right, what were you thinking marriage is, some sort of relationship where you care about each other? When you die that'll teach him a lesson.

Unless it's a loving plan to help him grieve less by making him remember what a PITA you were?!
                    Mudskipper's hubby is a vampire. He will never die and has little use for mirrors.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                      Mudskipper's hubby is a vampire. He will never die and has little use for mirrors.
                      Close - he's a werewolf.

Comment

Working...
                      X