• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So Cameron will force Electricity providers to switch customers to cheapest tariff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your business model relies on customer laziness, your business is crap.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      That could cover anything from labour saving household appliances through cars to restaurants, takeaways and ready meals. Even Amazon.
      Last edited by doodab; 19 October 2012, 09:05.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

When do they have to have such a bemusing array of tariffs?

Comment

Don't know if anyone has use a multimeter on their elec recently but our "240V" system is actually only 220V. The bastards snuck in an 8% drop in voltage and hoped nobody would notice.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            That could cover anything from labour saving household appliances through cars to restaurants, takeaways and ready meals. Even Amazon.
            I don't mean a business which caters to laziness, but one which relies on laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              When do they have to have such a bemusing array of tariffs?
              Did you mean 'why'? Well for a start the old tariffs still exist while people are using them so that means there are always loads floating around.

Then there are genuinely different use cases so for one person a higher £/KWh with lower standing price is cheaper, etc.

Plus fixed rates which are just like fixing your mortgage.

Comment

How do UK contractors ever get work then?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I don't mean a business which caters to laziness, but one which relies on laziness.
                  I think it's a general trend these days. Presumably allocating ones finite resources to attracting new customers generates more profit than retaining most of existing ones.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Feck me, Xogg's right.

It used to be about 245V in here, but I've just measured it at 221V.
                    The bastards are stealing our electricity! Fry them!
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      British gas margins are 5% hardly greedy. The problem is that people are too lazy to shop around and look for the lowest prices. They prefer to moan instead, and this stupid government (who like labour have no understanding of how business works) pander to it.
                      The margin isn't 5% though, it is between 40% and 80% higher than that.
                      In the first half of the current year, the margin earned by British Gas - that is profit as a percentage of sales - was 7.2%, compared with 6.9% in the first six months of last year, and 8.9% in the whole of 2010.

Looking around for the lowest prices; as someone pointed out is a waste of time, they are much of a muchness and as they fluctuate between cheapest and most expensive, any savings are soon wiped out. The whole system is no better than a price fixing cartel.
                      Last edited by ZARDOZ; 19 October 2012, 10:10.

Comment

Working...
                      X