• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WWIII starts October 22 at 02:30 GMT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting for your country against a country on the other side of the planet who has no specific beef with us... no thanks!

Conscription for unemployed people though, now there's an idea. Giant training camps for chavs, turning them into normal people (well not normal if they're military, but better).
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Fighting for your country against a country on the other side of the planet who has no specific beef with us... no thanks!

Conscription for unemployed people though, now there's an idea. Giant training camps for chavs, turning them into normal people (well not normal if they're military, but better).
      Isn't that how Australia was built?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Isn't that how Australia was built?
        If by chavs you mean criminals then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

So like, a place where people can knuckle down, focus on and consider deeply their role in society. A kind of concentration camp, if you will.
          Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            It really depends what the fight is about and what's caused it.
            I cant think of anything in a modern day context that would make me want to. Unless it was something like Russia invading say, which seems pretty unlikely. Somebody in a north part of a country isnt friends with those in the south part, thats not something I feel effects me or id want to be involved in.

Id be happy to fight in a civil war though, kinda looking forward to it tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              Do you mean like Northern England vs Southern England?

Comment

Would you go and fight for your country? Would most people now days? I certainty wouldnt, I already consider this place is run against my interests by people who dont care what I want or think.

This was probably just as true during the previous WWs but people were easy to manipulate through limited news and communications, the people were simply told what those in charge wanted them to believe. Does anyone believe anything they are told now days? The lies are so obvious arent they?
                whine whine whine
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Do you mean like Northern England vs Southern England?
                  Who would win?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You'd be whimpering and crying for your mummy at the first sign of trouble.
                    Gob tulipes like you are invariably cowards.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Would you go and fight for your country? Would most people now days? I certainty wouldnt, I already consider this place is run against my interests by people who dont care what I want or think.

This was probably just as true during the previous WWs but people were easy to manipulate through limited news and communications, the people were simply told what those in charge wanted them to believe. Does anyone believe anything they are told now days? The lies are so obvious arent they?
                      I'd argue that having this view means you HAVE been manipulated through mass media. It beggars belief to me that people don't hold any moral reponsibility anymore; it's all someone else's fault or issue - as long as you can consume it's alright.

Comment

Working...
                      X