• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reporting to another contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reporting to another contractor

Recently got into a new contract where my project manager is also a contractor who signs my timesheet. The permie boss we report to is in another location and is never visible; so it's always this contractor pm who reports my progress to him. It's being a month and I do find this contractor pm put me up in a spot every now and then. Should i just ignore as long as I get my daily dough? What should I be wary off?

Radiators
    Gladiators

and if you want a serious answer put this in business not general, especially on a Friday night

HTH

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

make him look good. you will never have a problem.

possibly sad but thats the way the world works

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        make him look good. you will never have a problem.

possibly sad but thats the way the world works

What? give him a makeover??
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          What? give him a makeover??
          yeah, but dont get gay, unless its totally unavoidable
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            yeah, but dont get gay, unless its totally unavoidable
            How is your bf anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
              Recently got into a new contract where my project manager is also a contractor who signs my timesheet. The permie boss we report to is in another location and is never visible; so it's always this contractor pm who reports my progress to him. It's being a month and I do find this contractor pm put me up in a spot every now and then. Should i just ignore as long as I get my daily dough? What should I be wary off?
              'The 48 laws of Power' is a good read, it might also give you some ideas.

HTH
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Re: Reporting to another contractor

Just watch out that he's not the type of contractor who starts at 7am, finishes at 7pm and thinks that all contractors should work like that.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Ask him if he wants a bum in the toilets. It may cheer him up.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

As an IT PM in my current role I 'report' into a contractor Change PM and am also on a higher rate than him. No issues here (that I am aware of) and we get on pretty well. I trust him no more or less than anyone else I would be reporting into if they were a permie and watch my back in the same way.

Comment

Working...
                    X