• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back to full time work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to full time work

After three months on a three day per week contract, I've taken on an additional two days per week starting today. Boooooo.

Not doing it for the money but don't want to turn the work down. Bye bye work life balance.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    After three months on a three day per week contract, I've taken on an additional two days per week starting today. Boooooo.

Not doing it for the money but don't want to turn the work down. Bye bye work life balance.
    My commiserations. This work lark is much over-rated, IMHO
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      My commiserations. This work lark is much over-rated, IMHO
      I don't mind it three days per week but this is inhuman.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

I was working a 3 day week quite happily. Then another 2 days work came along. What really causes the stress though is that another 2 days work as turned up.

Still, I manage usually to squeeze it into 4 or 5 days of elapsed time. I don't do it for the money either - as one person's sig had it, I do it for shed loads of money.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          I don't mind it three days per week but this is inhuman.
          2 days is about right - that's what I'm looking for. Min £1000 per day.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm bricking it over my new role. Already had a sleepless night. Have sold by self for the almighty dollar, but if the shares shoot up over the next four years like my previous company I can literally retire in 4 years. Hope it doesn't kill me though.

Keep telling myself, four more years.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Turned up for first day at 9. Finished at 9:45 and sat in a coffee shop before I head home. Should be able to manage two days per week from home between the two contracts.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Working...
              X