• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many divorces?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Been married 22 years. At least in part because putting up with each other is less hassle/stress/expense than the alternative.
    It's the loneliness that gets me at times. That and it's difficult to meet women at my age.

Although when I remember some of the dark times with my ex, I think I'm better off.

Definitely not getting married again in the UK, though.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      It's the loneliness that gets me at times. That and it's difficult to meet women at my age.
      How old are you?

The older you get the more desperate women are available.

Comment

Been married 22 years..
        Me too. Bit of a dip in the late 90s, but generally it's been pretty good. Last few years have been fantastic.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

One advantage in having no money is that is no point in Mrs BP divorcing me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            How old are you?

The older you get the more desperate women are available.
            I thought desperate women were always available anyway?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Been married 22 years. At least in part because putting up with each other is less hassle/stress/expense than the alternative.
              You old romantic.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I thought desperate women were always available anyway?
                In my experience only when they get older.

For the younger ones I still use Rohypnol.

Not everyone has your magnetic charm.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  In my experience only when they get older.

For the younger ones I still use Rohypnol.

Not everyone has your magnetic charm.....
                  I find Rohypnol a little slow to be honest. I find a tazer is much quicker for the man in a hurry.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Been married 19 months, the Wife is also a Director of the company.

GE

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Although when I remember some of the dark times with my ex, I think I'm better off.

Definitely not getting married again in the UK, though.
                      Fook that's sad.... I managed to work out in my yoof that I could keep my own company rather than need someone else - an "alone but never lonely" approach to life - remarkably I found this approach somehow made me more attractive so was never short of totty for company !!

I have seen and know people who definitely need another person to share their life with and understand how toxic solitude can be to those people but presumably being a Contractor you have a comfortable income ... and as JA says "a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a large fortune must be in want of a wife/totty/skirt/one night stand"
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X