• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many divorces?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm in my mid 40's and financially and mentally have mostly recovered after the divorce. I wasn't interested in female company but for the last few months have been waiting for something. Feeling listless. I've been filling the emptiness with cooking, planes and motorbikes and suddenly realised it's companionship I'm missing.

I'm not really into clubs, groups (or nightclubs). There's a few women here at clientco but they're all younger than me although the one I've been chatting to who is 7 years younger than me is off on an internet date and is wary of the "don't screw the crew" message.

Played around with match.com but mostly seem to get attention from Russians, Germans and some pretty scary looking women.

So after my experience with the abuse and broken trust from my last relationship, I'm very cautious and my confidence is a little shaken - I've been out of the dating game for almost 20 years.

I like my own company but night after night in solitary confinement, can start to get to you. As much as I like working from home, I've found I really prefer the company here at the clientco.

A bit of a confessional that. Sorry!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Yeah, I'm in my mid 40's and financially and mentally have mostly recovered after the divorce. I wasn't interested in female company but for the last few months have been waiting for something. Feeling listless. I've been filling the emptiness with cooking, planes and motorbikes and suddenly realised it's companionship I'm missing.

I'm not really into clubs, groups (or nightclubs). There's a few women here at clientco but they're all younger than me although the one I've been chatting to who is 7 years younger than me is off on an internet date and is wary of the "don't screw the crew" message.

Played around with match.com but mostly seem to get attention from Russians, Germans and some pretty scary looking women.
      Get in with the German women, given that choice.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Yeah, I'm in my mid 40's and financially and mentally have mostly recovered after the divorce
        . ..
        So after my experience with the abuse and broken trust from my last relationship, I'm very cautious and my confidence is a little shaken - I've been out of the dating game for almost 20 years.
        Don't apologise, its a nasty situation to be in, there are plenty of fish in the sea, and don't screw the crew makes sense. Did that 3 times got away with it twice, the other one got nasty.

If its company you are after there are plenty of activities that can allow you to meet suitable friends and prospective partners. Joins some clubs, restaurant groups etc. Though if you start banging your way through them you might end up thrown out pretty soon. See it as a way to have company not random sex.

The anonymity of pubs & clubs overcomes the embarrassment of working your way through the talent as does internet dating so if its quick knee tremblers you want that may be the way. Maybe a singles group / holiday may be better?

love Auntie Valerie.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Thanks Auntie Val!

I guess I'm going to have to make an effort and get out and about a bit and force myself to be more social.

Comment

I like my own company but night after night in solitary confinement, can start to get to you. As much as I like working from home, I've found I really prefer the company here at the clientco.

Sounds like you're in a rut - and you're not going to get out of it without making an effort and going out of your comfort zone.

If confidence low, don't put yourself out there looking for a date, but try and do stuff where you're going to meet people and make new friends (male and female) and the chances are that the rest at some point will follow, but even if it doesn't you'll be happier.

How about a cookery class? Any sort of exercise is good too - you don't have to be any good to join, for example, a beginner's badminton class.

Aren't you a cyclist? Our local CTC has lots of social rides, and there's more competitive clubs (like wot Mich does) if you're more serious.

Round our way, salsa is pretty popular and a good way to meet people.

So stop moping and report back in one week with one positive change you've made to get yourself back into social circulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Sounds like you're in a rut - and you're not going to get out of it without making an effort and going out of your comfort zone.

If confidence low, don't put yourself out there looking for a date, but try and do stuff where you're going to meet people and make new friends (male and female) and the chances are that the rest at some point will follow, but even if it doesn't you'll be happier.

How about a cookery class? Any sort of exercise is good too - you don't have to be any good to join, for example, a beginner's badminton class.

Aren't you a cyclist? Our local CTC has lots of social rides, and there's more competitive clubs (like wot Mich does) if you're more serious.

So stop moping and report back in one week with one positive change you've made to get yourself back into social circulation.
              +1
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Thank you ladies, wilco.

Comment

hey ho. well at least you have worked out what it is you need. the next trick is to work out how you are going to get it
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I have always found yoga classes to be full of top totty. Just avoid the ones in "period corner".

Comment

Sounds a good plan, or dancing in general. They're often short of men as well, in my experience.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X