• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking a stand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a stand

Imagine someone higher up the food chain was doing something totally wrong, and you had a little bit of evidence, but not much. And if you made it known, you would never work again, your career would be wrecked and you would probably lose your family and pension etc etc.
    would you blow the whistle ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Imagine someone higher up the food chain was doing something totally wrong, and you had a little bit of evidence, but not much. And if you made it known, you would never work again, your career would be wrecked and you would probably lose your family and pension etc etc.
    would you blow the whistle ?

there are ways to blow the whistle without being caught.

If its illegal by knowing you are implicated.

not a position I would like to be in.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Surely there must be ways to anonymously leak said evidence without pointing the finger at you isn't there, with a bit of creative thinking?

or is this purely a hypothetical question?

Comment

Who needs to blow the whistle? Blackmail is far more profitable.
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
          Surely there must be ways to anonymously leak said evidence without pointing the finger at you isn't there, with a bit of creative thinking?

or is this purely a hypothetical question?
          no, I am thinking about the number of people who knew that Savile was molesting kids , and were too scared of losing their position to blow the whistle.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

I would have tipped Jimmy off to crimestoppers anonymously.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

no, I am thinking about the number of people who knew that Savile was molesting kids , and were too scared of losing their position to blow the whistle.

phew, I thought you were thinking about some sub-ordinate permie who had found out about your nefarious activities with the local school hamster.

Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Which warrants a more serious answer. I don't see how these people can live with themselves really. Commentators are talking about it being a 'different culture' back in the day, and I can maybe see their point as regards sexism in the office etc, but the people Saviile is accused of molesting are kids. If you walked in on someone would you keep schtum? I'd like to think I wouldn't.

Do you really think you'd lose your family over something like that btw?

Looking back though, more worrying is who thought it would be a good idea to let a private individual have a flat inside a hospital and a caravan inside the grounds of Broadmoor?
                And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                  Do you really think you'd lose your family over something like that btw?
                  That would be the fear inside the person talking. 'Would my wife want to stick with a loser who has no job and no prospects'
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

That would be the fear inside the person talking. 'Would my wife want to stick with a loser who has no job and no prospects'
                    ....who stood up to someone abusing kids.

Comment

Working...
                    X