• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should bankruptcy wipe out debt to ex-spouses?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should bankruptcy wipe out debt to ex-spouses?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...s-ex-wife.html

Personally I say no. The family courts are clearly totally corrupt and beyond logic. Any man who gets married deserves all he gets.

And if you have no money you cannot pay - so what is the issue?

I think what all this and other threads on similar subjects point to is DON'T WHAT EVER YOU DO GET MARRIED.

Unless you are marrying someone much wealthier than yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Former company boss says bankruptcy should wipe out debt to his ex-wife - Telegraph

Personally I say no. The family courts are clearly totally corrupt and beyond logic. Any man who gets married deserves all he gets.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I think what all this and other threads on similar subjects point to is DON'T WHAT EVER YOU DO GET MARRIED.

Unless you are marrying someone much wealthier than yourself.
      Typical IT geeks, generalising from their own experience.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Generalising from the many many threads about "I'm getting divorced and now I'm financially utterly ****ed forever" actually.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Typical IT geeks, generalising from their own experience.
          After 2 years following divorce 40% of children have lost contact with their father. 60% overall.

Family courts operate gender apartheid.

Though if you got divorced they would be doing your kid a favour by refusing contact.

<waits for the cretin response>

Comment

Marriage is working out good for me,
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              I'm pleased to hear it, enjoy your time together.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                You never know what people are really like until you divorce them.

Comment

Former company boss says bankruptcy should wipe out debt to his ex-wife - Telegraph

Because as soon as he gets some money he will have to start paying. He's probably just treading water at the moment.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

You never know what people are really like until you divorce them.
                    Actually I knew what mine was like before I even married her, so really I'm totally to blame for the situation in that respect.

Comment

Working...
                    X