• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of Day!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of Day!

I have a client based in Oop Norf who is looking for an General Admin Support candidiate for an 8 week contract position to start on the 29th of October.

Key responsibilities:

• IG training tool administration from compiling reports to updating records
    • Taking minutes at IG meetings
    • Administration support for the Head of IG ‐ photocopying, filing, data input, spread sheet work, compiling reports
    • Project/Information Governance Toolkit support

The candidate will be paid £7/8 per hour.
    Hours: Mon - Fri 37.5 hours per week

If you are interested please send me a CV and I will ring you within 24 hours.

Originally posted by stek View Post
    I have a client based in Oop Norf who is looking for an General Admin Support candidiate for an 8 week contract position to start on the 29th of October.

Key responsibilities:

• Administration support for the Head of IG ‐ photocopying, filing, data input, spread sheet work, compiling reports

I'm a bit overqualified but there are women or immigrants who will this sort of work I'm told.

Comment

How about this one?

SQL Data Analyst London, £120 per Day Contract We are looking for a SQL Data analyst for a 6 month contract for a role in Central London.

You MUST be able to code in SQL to a good standard for this role.

The chosen candidate will have strong SQL data extraction and manipulation experience and used to uploading and downloading in various formats. Manipulating and cleansing data using Excel is key - proof reading with detailed accuracy and the ability to provide reports via Excel using manipulated and cleansed data.

Essentially, we need a strong data analyst specifically in the areas of data manipulation and a superb understanding of writing SQL queries. Excellent organisation skill are a must to ensure all business data is accurately cleansed and manipulated.

Any knowledge of VBA, Access, Visual FoxPro is of benefit but not essential. Please note: this is not an analytical or mathematically challenging role, but a rather a data heavy and initiative reliant position in a superb organisation.

Location London, UK
      Industry IT
      Start Date ASAP
      Duration 6 months
      Rate £120 per Day

I sent him this....

If you could code to a good standard in SQL then I doubt you would accept a role paying £15 an hour in Central London.

Good luck recruiting for that one!

His response was

Thanks for your input. We’ve had people happily working in this role for just under four years now at the same rate, and we are seeking a junior candidate to join the team and progress through the company as they have. We also have interviews in place for this role at that rate.

Thanks for the advice and the good luck though!

Best regards,
      Tom

That response was 35 mins after he placed the advert at 9:10 this morning
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Just applied for this 'every skill under the Sun' contract, London, rate is 'Highly Competitive' but I think there's some mistake, it says £180/day at the bottom. Must mean £180/hr which is not bad even for That London.

I'll argue the toss tmrw...

London
        Contract
        Highly Competitive
        AIX/pSeries Technical Analyst/Systems Administrator with 2+ years high-end AIX , HACCMP, PLAR and ESS SAN experience sought by a major Blue Chip to be based out of either Manchester or West Yorkshire. Responsibilities will include UNIX maintenance and support; participation in end-to-end design; build and implementation and QA. We are looking to recruit a number of experienced hires on a contract basis with skills as follows: AIX Systems Administration field experience Power5/6 VIO server, micro partitioning and dual VIOS configuration P-Series Power4 & Power5, power 6, Power 7 hardware Power4 & Power5 , power 6, Power 7 HMC's, CuOD and DLPAR configurations CSM/NIM LPAR installation, configuration and support AIX 5.2 & AIX 5.3, Aix 6.X and AIX 7.X installation, configuration and migration HACMP 5.X, 6.X and 7.X installation, configuration and migration Shell scripting ESS SAN storage, configuring and supporting (using 2105 compatible multi-path drivers) LUN's within volume groups and in highly available configurations SVC Storage, configuring and supporting (using 2145 compatible multi-path drivers) LUN's within volume groups and in highly available configurations Excellent Oral and Written Communication This is a potentially long-term assignment with for AIX/pSeries Technical Analyst/Systems Administrator with a major Blue Chip organisation. Please apply for more details. Rate: £180 per day Location: Manchester or West Yorkshire Duration: three months rolling Please send
        Reference: JS
        Posted By: UK Sounding Agency Name

Comment

Key responsibilities:

What is IG? It sounds like something a caveman might use.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Job spec where they want everything +
            crap rate =

tulipe client where they dont really want a contractor but they're stuck, they aint got any money, they expect miracles, and they expect 10 hours a day.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Just applied for this 'every skill under the Sun' contract, London, rate is 'Highly Competitive' but I think there's some mistake, it says £180/day at the bottom. Must mean £180/hr which is not bad even for That London.

I'll argue the toss tmrw...

London
              Contract
              Highly Competitive
              AIX/pSeries Technical Analyst/Systems Administrator with 2+ years high-end AIX , HACCMP, PLAR and ESS SAN experience sought by a major Blue Chip to be based out of either Manchester or West Yorkshire. Responsibilities will include UNIX maintenance and support; participation in end-to-end design; build and implementation and QA. We are looking to recruit a number of experienced hires on a contract basis with skills as follows: AIX Systems Administration field experience Power5/6 VIO server, micro partitioning and dual VIOS configuration P-Series Power4 & Power5, power 6, Power 7 hardware Power4 & Power5 , power 6, Power 7 HMC's, CuOD and DLPAR configurations CSM/NIM LPAR installation, configuration and support AIX 5.2 & AIX 5.3, Aix 6.X and AIX 7.X installation, configuration and migration HACMP 5.X, 6.X and 7.X installation, configuration and migration Shell scripting ESS SAN storage, configuring and supporting (using 2105 compatible multi-path drivers) LUN's within volume groups and in highly available configurations SVC Storage, configuring and supporting (using 2145 compatible multi-path drivers) LUN's within volume groups and in highly available configurations Excellent Oral and Written Communication This is a potentially long-term assignment with for AIX/pSeries Technical Analyst/Systems Administrator with a major Blue Chip organisation. Please apply for more details. Rate: £180 per day Location: Manchester or West Yorkshire Duration: three months rolling Please send
              Reference: JS
              Posted By: UK Sounding Agency Name
              Got call back this morning, to be fair agent was ok, Brit-Bob, clearly had no idea and neither had the client (as Psychocandy said below) wrt to the normal rate for the work they want doing.

He said I was the only applicant (I said I didn't see the rate!) so far and asked what the normal rate is and he'll go back to client. Might be BS but not the rate fight I expected!

Comment

Odd - same role has appeared on JS again at an amazing £210/day, with a more specific location which means I know it's most likely for LBG. The same role that I applied for three times (I know!), locations/spec match perfectly and got a interview only for it to be cancelled mysteriously when I refused to give referees until role secured.

Lloyds have cut rates but not that much - could it be an agency rouse to make you think it might be Lloyds but really a CV harvest?

Agency this time is Skillsearch, not sure I recognise that name....

Comment

Working...
                X