• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There's one good thing about Muslims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's one good thing about Muslims

Apart from the curry, which is ok, there's one good thing about muslims. Cat Stevens

I really like to listen to Cat Stevens

my missus reckons I am a sad-sack and I should listen to the mumfords, or something. but I reckon she is just predujiced

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I read about his decision making for writing the lyrics of 'The Wind', he produced possibly a short novel to describe a few hundred words in the song. Very beautiful

Then he adopted the islamic faith. When he called for Rushdie to be killed ( which he did ) 10,000 maniacs pulled peace train from their album.

How can he go from...

Now I've been crying lately,
    thinking about the world as it is
    Why must we go on hating,
    why can't we live in bliss
    To...

Robertson: You don't think that this man deserves to die?
    Y. Islam: Who, Salman Rushdie?
    Robertson: Yes.
    Y. Islam: Yes, yes.
    Is the conditioning that religion gives to new believers who are willing to take on a message of hate. It seems to be a common trait here.

Comment

I got an Infraction from the bedwetters for mentioning muslims in a thread

Not sure what the penalty for starting a thread about them is though

Just sayin like
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        I got an Infraction from the bedwetters for mentioning muslims in a thread

Not sure what the penalty for starting a thread about them is though

Just sayin like
        sorry about the infraction ,

i was hoping for a positive , curry based thread
        with a bit of music controversy

im sure the mods will pull it, if its deemed to be offensive
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          sorry about the infraction ,
          sh*t happens- wasn't the first...and I'm sure it won't be the last
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

So we have Gerry Adams, who was a terrorist, having his voice banned on the BBC but being allowed into the states but Cat Stevens who was not a terrorist refused entry to the states but getting a 5 song slot on the BBC Holland show.

With that decision making is it really a surprise that 9/11 happened and Saville got to trick everyone in the BBC into thinking he was not a rampant peadophile?

Comment

Apart from the curry, which is ok,
              Ok is about right compared to southern Indian (mainly Hindu) food.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Apart from the curry, which is ok, there's one good thing about muslims. Cat Stevens

I really like to listen to Cat Stevens

my missus reckons I am a sad-sack and I should listen to the mumfords, or something. but I reckon she is just predujiced

Yep, he's written some damn good songs. Mumford and sons could be good if they'd dump the plastic paddy accents. What is all that about?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  I got an Infraction from the bedwetters for mentioning muslims in a thread...
                  Still rankles, does it? Are you sure you don't need rubber sheets?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I worked with a bloke in Eastcote a few years ago. A developer.
                    His dad had been a professional in Somalia and got out when he saw the writing on the wall.
                    This bloke is a devout Muslim and I watched him closely for getting on a year, because although I am not religious myself, I am tremendously interested.
                    This guy was quiet and unassuming, never tried to convert me, a perfect advert for his faith.

we used to go out every Thursday for a £5 deal buffet curry in the local curry house and he would pile his plate up like the pyramid at giza, whilst I would have about two spoonfuls
                    He is pretty much westernised i.e. he doesn't wear any household cleaning fabrics on his head or around his neck, but he would say to me, 'If touching alcohol means that I can't have a big plate of curry for dinner the next day, I am an abstainer'

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X