• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

King: Banks need to admit extent of bad debts before recovery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    That argument is as daft as a brush.

All those examples attracted the very best for specific cutting edge projects, and most had/have public money lavished on them for a specific political goal often of vital national interest.

How would that compare with a National Water Board office, say, staffed by poorly paid, badly motivated, average intelligence civil servants? Not trying to belittle them - I guess most of us would be in those categories in the wrong circumstances. But you see the difference?

Do try and be realistic.
    That argument is as daft as a brush.

How would that compare with a private water company, say, staffed by poorly paid, badly motivated, average intelligence jobsworths? Not trying to belittle them - I guess most of us would be in those categories in the wrong circumstances. But you see the similarity?

Do try and be realistic.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

For Gawd's sake we've been recapitalising the banks for the past four years! It's lies and spin and Merv has his own agenda.

Historically when the BOE rate was 4-5%, you could get a mortgage for +1.5% or so on top of that. Try getting a mortgage on 2% now!

It's just one mega rip-off.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab
        How would that compare with a private water company, say, staffed by poorly paid, badly motivated, average intelligence jobsworths?
        Because, dummy, if the company fails, for whatever reason, then some other more successful company can put in a bid to replace them.

Obviously one way to avoid that is to have motivated, skilled employees. So it's in a private company's interest as much as that of one of Sasguru's public sector organisations who he says have learned so much all about management etc since the 70s.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          For Gawd's sake we've been recapitalising the banks for the past four years! It's lies and spin and Merv has his own agenda.

Historically when the BOE rate was 4-5%, you could get a mortgage for +1.5% or so on top of that. Try getting a mortgage on 2% now!

It's just one mega rip-off.
          It is possible but only if you have a 40% deposit. There are currently 1.99% 2 year fixed available in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
            It is possible but only if you have a 40% deposit. There are currently 1.99% 2 year fixed available in the market.
            but the set up costs would be 2k plus i'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
              but the set up costs would be 2k plus i'd imagine.
              £995 I believe.

Comment

Working...
              X