• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this Karma for Amazon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Audio books are not more expensive than paper books because of VAT. They're significantly more expensive even before the VAT.
    And I never said they were!! I said that Audio books attract VAT, normal books do not. If your only choice is to have an audio book it seems unfair to be taxed for it. Perhaps once you have learned to read and follow a thread you might to respond
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      If your only choice is to have an audio book it seems unfair to be taxed for it.
      Tax isnt fair. I pay tax on toilet roll which to me seems more of a necessity than being able to hear someone read a story. There's also a great resource of free audio material, its called the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        Tax isnt fair. I pay tax on toilet roll which to me seems more of a necessity than being able to hear someone read a story. There's also a great resource of free audio material, its called the radio.
        What a stupid comment. I never said it was fair, I was pointing out something that seems particularly unfair. If you want to read/hear a story you have a choice of formats. One of these formats does not incurr VAT. My son has a choice of 1 and it is taxed.

The blind also pay tax on their bog role and tulip as much as you do!

Radio is not a great source of audio. It is A source of audio but somewhat limited in its output.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
        X