• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here's hoping this finally comes into play

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what this will do to abortion rates.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      Very funny d000hg, that obviously wouldn't fly as we're not China and there's the old issue of human rights to consider.
      So telling people they're only allowed X children is bad. But telling them they can have more but they'll be left to starve is good?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
        Plan B anyone?

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Oh come on, you can get contraception for free it shouldn't have to come to that. We're talking about 3 unplanned pregnancies are you sh*tting me?
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
            Probably rocket.

I am against benefits culture but I am in favour of the benefits system. I'm in favour of stopping people taking advantage but against punishing the children born into such families.

I prefer the vouchers idea we've seen raised many times before, I think. So that having more kids doesn't mean you end up with more cash to spend on yourselves.

I haven't seen a counter-argument to that idea, but I assume there is one otherwise it would get talked about by the government, or by one of the opposition parties.

Comment

Oh come on, you can get contraception for free it shouldn't have to come to that. We're talking about 3 unplanned pregnancies are you sh*tting me?
              It only needs one unplanned pregnancy.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                So telling people they're only allowed X children is bad. But telling them they can have more but they'll be left to starve is good?
                I didn't say it was bad I'm merely stated this isn't China where they have such a rule and secondly it would never pass due to human rights legislation. The fact is there is a culture in society where people will have kids to get housing, benefits and so they don't have to work, it's not what the system was designed for. Ok so you're happy with the way things are good for you but I for one would like to see things change.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

You're totally out of touch with modern Britain if you really don't think this is an issue. Sadly, because it would be nice if people figured this out!

Comment

I didn't say it was bad I'm merely stated this isn't China where they have such a rule and secondly it would never pass due to human rights legislation. The fact is there is a culture in society where people will have kids to get housing, benefits and so they don't have to work, it's not what the system was designed for. Ok so you're happy with the way things are good for you but I for one would like to see things change.
                    Where did I say I was happy with how things are?

I wonder if limiting number of children would be preferable TBH, in a "never mind freedom" kind of way.

Comment

CUK is the best contraceptive going
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X