Here's hoping this finally comes into play Here's hoping this finally comes into play
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 112

Super poster

The Spartan has more data than eek

Default Here's hoping this finally comes into play

BBC News - Child-related benefits may be 'capped' at two children

I for one hope that they introduce this, the sooner the better
    In Scooter we trust

Banned

Ketchup has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan View Post
    BBC News - Child-related benefits may be 'capped' at two children

I for one hope that they introduce this, the sooner the better
    Me too....i am all in favour of making people have a license to have children, but apparently it infringes on their human rights, and enforcing it could be quite gruesome

Super poster

This definitely gets my vote along with the rumoured benefit card which would be like an ordinary debit card that people on certain benefits can use except it could not be used to purchase cigarettes or alcohol.
    In Scooter we trust

Lord of the Vectras

VectraMan - scorchio!

Presumably the third child will have to earn its keep, either down pit, or up chimney.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

It will never happen, you saw the uproar over limiting child benefit to those earning more than £45,000, this would never get passed into law
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Fingers like lightning

moggy is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    It will never happen, you saw the uproar over limiting child benefit to those earning more than £45,000, this would never get passed into law
    don't think you coul dpass it into law straight away, as it would only make the children suffer.. much more chance of somthing like this if given a 5 or so year window.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Don't rain on my parade lol, there's always hope plus it preys on petty jealousies which I like such as the fact that people often get houses quicker as they have more children, they're also able to run a car and provide their kids with the latest consoles etc. It really rattles peoples cages and makes them emotive, when I was in the Civil Service I had a conversation about benefits with a woman who was in the training department she pointed out to me that as she is married and has no kids she has to put into the system but doesn't get a jot from it. How many people feel the same way? and of course factor in those who are working that have kids and get no financial assistance from the government yet they're taxes subsidise the lazy family across the street that have lots of kids and have never worked a day in their lives.
    In Scooter we trust

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    don't think you coul dpass it into law straight away, as it would only make the children suffer.. much more chance of somthing like this if given a 5 or so year window.
    I'm thinking they would apply it from a certain year so say 2014/2015 any family having more than two children after this date would only receive benefits for the first two children and no more.
    In Scooter we trust

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

Maybe a policy could be introduced only allowing one child. Now there's an interesting and untested idea which might just work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Maybe a policy could be introduced only allowing one child. Now there's an interesting and untested idea which might just work.
    Very funny d000hg, that obviously wouldn't fly as we're not China and there's the old issue of human rights to consider.
    In Scooter we trust