• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Due to start new contract Monday...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to start new contract Monday...

Due to start new contract Monday and then phone call from agent. UK Client co has just been told by US HQ to pull project. All project work must now be done from US
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Due to start new contract Monday and then phone call from agent. UK Client co has just been told by US HQ to pull project. All project work must now be done from US
    Hard luck. It happens a lot these days; US companies are often very centralised, top down organisations that resemble the USSR in their backward, Taylorist management methods. If it's any comfort, now you've got an indication of how that clientco works, you're probably better off without them in the long run.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Damn those yanks.

Had the same in the Summer. Damned Yanks fired a vp in the Us and the new one terminated my contract as they had put a project on hold. Made them honour the one month notice and on the last day they came back, said the project was now starting again and here was a new contract. I had a new gig and told them to bog off. The clients client has been refusing to pay for the first part of the project ($100k) as they had to rehire a new SME and all the previous work had to relearnt by someone else.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sorry
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Had that 2 weeks ago but with a Spanish bank (their German IT branch) who said that the system is to move to Madrid. I was prepared for a conference call on a Monday ready to start Wednesday and told the news on Tuesday. Contract was signed but not posted and on the Friday came the 'sacking' letter!
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Bugger!
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Bummer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Bummer
                +1 take the day off dust yourself down and start hunting again on Monday morning.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sorry to hear that.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Sorry to hear that but I am sure if you have the skills for one gig you have the skills for another.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X