• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimmy Savile 'household name' sweep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    I'll go for a 'personality' in the Horse racing business.
    You really have a downer on John McCririck. I think this is the second or third time you've mentioned him in this context.

But just because someone dresses flamboyantly doesn't mean they're a sexual deviant or a liberty taker with underage teenagers. If anything I'd say that makes it rather less likely than otherwise, and to me McCririck has never come across as creepy, which Saville always did.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      You really have a downer on John McCririck. I think this is the second or third time you've mentioned him in this context.

But just because someone dresses flamboyantly doesn't mean they're a sexual deviant or a liberty taker with underage teenagers. If anything I'd say that makes it rather less likely than otherwise, and to me McCririck has never come across as creepy, which Saville always did.
      I don't recall mentioning him before, you've obviously got a better memory than me, for such things.

Nothing to do with his flamboyance, I find him 'creepy' in the same way you found Savile. As for flamboyance making him 'less likely' to be a deviant, that doesn't really work; J.S. was one of the most flamboyant characters on TV in his day.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Just one of saville's producers. Nobody famous.

Comment

I don't recall mentioning him before, you've obviously got a better memory than me, for such things.

Nothing to do with his flamboyance, I find him 'creepy' in the same way you found Savile. As for flamboyance making him 'less likely' to be a deviant, that doesn't really work; J.S. was one of the most flamboyant characters on TV in his day.
          So what? You can't find one flamboyant character and use that as evidence either way.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Just one of saville's producers. Nobody famous.
            Now just infamous

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              So what? You can't find one flamboyant character and use that as evidence either way.

What exactly is your point?

Mine was a rebuttal of OwlHoot's assertion that a flamboyant character would be 'less likely' to be deviant, (presumably, due to the attention that they generate), by citing J.S. as an example.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                My Missus is convinced Jools Holland is on the list....
                I was told years ago he is a bit of a deviant. Nothing illegal, but think Max Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                  I was told years ago he is a bit of a deviant. Nothing illegal, but think Max Mosley.
                  Really? You'd think someone with a name like Holland would hate the Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    My Missus is convinced Jools Holland is on the list....
                    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                    To the sun reading classes anyone that involved in anything other than penetrative sex between consenting man and woman is deviant and therefore a child abuser.

Comment

Have you noticed that Slade's Christmas song has not being getting much radio air play this year?

Comment

Working...
                      X