• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paymaster General Dawn Primarolo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: re

You miss the point, we wern't designed to live much beyond our late twenties, hence the hair loss, mussle loss, bone density loss, memory loss, fertility loss etc etc

After 30 the only thing to look forward to is decay, death and moaning.

Comment

fter 30 the only thing to look forward to is decay, death and moaning.
      I'm looking forward to days spent in the park, perving at young ladies :b You're never too old to look

Comment

what about bionic implants, we have to be getting closer.... In 50 years i'm gonna be mighty pissed if they aren't available just as i need them!!!!!

Comment

After 30 the only thing to look forward to is decay, death and moaning.
          Welcome to Contractor UK!

Comment

Alternatively, for about 80p, they could buy a bag of pasta
            What's pastoh? Is it like micro-chips?

The dull feckers would probably complain it was too crunchy.

Comment

The dull feckers would probably complain it was too crunchy.
              Good point. I suppose there is always pasta shapes in tomato soup; comes in a tin, full of cr@p, shaped like a turkey's knob - ideal for them.

Perhaps instead of wasting our time trying to improve their lot, we should simply pump even more chemical cr@p into their processed food, to speed up their early deaths.

Comment

I suppose there is always pasta shapes in tomato soup
                How about Alphabetti Spaghetti? Handily combines an adult literacy class with dinner.

Comment

I'm for introducing a new Paraquat flavour pot noodle.

Comment

How about Alphabetti Spaghetti? Handily combines an adult literacy class with dinner.
                    Lucifer, you've done it once again; a prince amongst men.

Comment

Re: spot on lb.

Just set a flat tax kicking in at, say, £12k
                      Exactly. By far the most effective way and immeasurably cheaper to administer because the mechanisms are already in place.

The Tax Credit system is a complete nonsense. It's only benefit is to those who were paid to design it and to those who are paid to run it.

* Before there was the married person's allowance. This allowance recognised the household. It worked fine. Then Gordon Brown scrapped it.

* Before there was mortgage interest tax relief. This allowance recognised the household. It worked fine. Then Gordon Brown scrapped it.

* We still have Tax free pay ... just. It works fine when supported. Then Gordon Brown freezes its upper threshold forcing many people into paying more tax than they did.

Then Gordon Brown invents, commissions and creates a ginormous organ of governmental bureaucracy called Tax Credits, costing many hundreds of millions just to administer. Supposedly to give back to people what they never used to pay in first place.

This grossly over plugged showpiece of New Labour ingenuity calculates an effective tax rebate not based on current earnings but on the previous year's earnings. A system actually designed to work on out of date data. A system designed according to the infamous 'JabberJobby school of design & management' principles.

I suspect it is at long last becoming more and more apparent to people, that Gordon Brown's arrogance is not matched by any noticeable ability.

And poor old Dawn Primarolo. Same tired old Gucci shoes and same old knickers with the C&A label. The poor cow hasn't got a clue and never did.

Comment

Working...
                      X