• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paymaster General Dawn Primarolo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bedazzled - Pete & Dud

An all time classic underrated film in my humble opinion and tons better than the half @rsed version that Liz Hurley was in.

Comment

Some dickslap from the IFS was just on the BBC news saying that benefit systems have to be complex otherwise they just don't "deliver the benefits".

Knob.

Comment

Liz Hurley actually had a rather nice ass in that film. Especially when wearing the clingy red catsuit.

Comment

they just don't "deliver the benefits".

Yes, and I know what benefits those are: a mountain of civil servants who'll all vote New Lie, bungs to the likes of EDS and the poor being made to pay for it all.

If they made it simpler there would actually be more money available, because they are then not wasting it on civil savants, and more poor families could be brought out of poverty.

But, oh no, can't do that in this brave new world of New Lie double think.

Stringing up from lamposts is too good for 'em.

Comment

Liz Hurley actually had a rather nice ass in that film. Especially when wearing the clingy red catsuit.
            Check out the 1987 film 'Aria'; it features a young Liz

Comment

Re: they just don't "deliver the benefits".

Indeed, threaded.

Rather than dream up a nightmarishly complex scheme to give the low paid back the tax they pay, how about just not collecting it in the first place?

It would be an interesting exercise to see to what level the lower income tax threshold could be raised if all the money expended on processing tax credits, plus the value of the credits themselves, were put towards raising that bottom level. How ironic it would be if that exceeded the social value of implementing the scheme in the first place (which would seem almost a given).

Comment

Liz Hurley?

I would!

I'd definitely lend her one!

Spod - In "Preparing for a move into Yarkshire" mode!

Comment

"I'd definitely lend her one!"

At least you could tell easily if she was faking it judging from her past acting exploits.

In the remake which she was in there is a scene where she has two big dogs called pete and dud.

Comment

Working...
                  X