• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children with ADHD. Real or bad parenting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, that is a great result. My nephew is on the spectrum and has ADHD. He left school at 16 and is now at an agricultural college, who quite frankly have been brilliant. For what ever reason the under 16 education providers have been awful and he left school with no qualifications. But he has found a niche and things are improving.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

"So after what 8 years, we have a proper school for my son. Thank **** for that."

Spoke to soon. And he's out of school again. Kicked out of his new special school which supposedly doesnt kick people out, so back to square one.

Just four weeks into the term. Nice. Glad I spent all that money.

Private school, only seems to care about the money. He's been there a month, and spends most of it wandering around on his own. He phoned on Wednesday in tears, on his own in the woods, saying he hated it. Another kid had hurt him, and he had deregulated. He then rubbed his phone over a teachers car which left a mark and a small scratch. We'd already been in a week earlier as he alledged a carer had shoved him against the wall, which they denied, but when I called them out, they said they'd put there arm around him (I aint buying it)

Excluded for damage to a car. The headteacher said 'I may struggle to keep staff if their cars aren't safe' Tosser.

Review bought forward and they said he will need to find another school. plus he needs to show contrition when we go into today about the car. I may land up lamping someone myself.

Last edited by MarillionFan; 9 October 2020, 05:04.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        "So after what 8 years, we have a proper school for my son. Thank **** for that."

Spoke to soon. And he's out of school again. Kicked out of his new special school which supposedly doesnt kick people out, so back to square one.

Private school, only seems to care about the money. He's been there a month, and spends most of it wandering around on his own. He phoned on Wednesday in tears, on his own in the woods, saying he hated it. Another kid had hurt him, and he had deregulated. He then rubbed his phone over a teachers car which left a mark and a small scratch. We'd already been in a week earlier as he alledged a carer had shoved him against the wall, which they denied, but when I called them out, they said they'd put there arm around him (I aint buying it)

Excluded for damage to a car. The headteacher said 'I may struggle to keep staff if their cars aren't safe' Tosser.

Review bought forward and they said he will need to find another school. plus he needs to show contrition when we go into today about the car. I may land up lamping someone myself.

Did the school actually assess him themselves before taking your money?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Did the school actually assess him themselves before taking your money?
          covid. Of course they didn’t.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That's bollox as it could happen at any school where children exit via a route with access to the staff carpark. In fact I believe it happened in the school the twins went to just yesterday.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

covid. Of course they didn’t.
              Then they are fecking stupid. How do they know that his needs can be met by them if they don't assess him themselves?

They don't lose money by doing the assessment as you pay for it, but they lose money by kicking him out.

Sorry you had to deal with such feckwits who gave you false hope.

Comment

Sorry to hear it. You could always get the Old Bill in if he's been assaulted. You may not want the hassle but it might wake them up a bit.

Comment

I may land up lamping someone myself.
                  You always light up our lives when you post.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

"I may land up lamping someone myself.
                    Just so you know, that won't help.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Just so you know, that won't help.
                      It makes me think of the genetic component of ADHD when he mentions stuff like that...

Comment

Working...
                      X