• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children with ADHD. Real or bad parenting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I tried changing the order of the words, and still nothing...
    Rick and Morty, you dummy...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Rick and Morty, you dummy...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

2023 and things have not improved. He's still at the special school but he's a case they cannot crack.
        He moved to a form of tourettes, says the most inappropriate things, recently excluded for doing Nazi salutes singing a song about gas the jews I am now of the opinion that Spod is really his father.

As he;s just reached 14 he's now 6 foot 1, Spod is still coming to mind and I may push for a DNA test. Excluded twice this month for shouting random stuff out.
        We took him to see the mental health team at CAMHS, they said he must have been radicalised and called Prevent the anti terrorist group. We had social services out and the police. Turns out, he;d learned it all from Family Guy and was just repeating the memes and singing songs out loud!

Wife is on anti depressants. I can no longer drive on motorways / dual carriageways having had him kick off in the car a number of times and try and open the door or kick the driving seat

Not interesting in contracting, but I do now have a good Amazon business and a warehouse I operate from.

School phoned today, to say they don't think they can have him for much longer. So there you go. Real or bad parenting. Still finding out :-(
        Last edited by MarillionFan; 29 May 2023, 08:46.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Oh crap, what a rubbish situation to be in.

Good to know that Family Guy is essential training for budding terrorists

Comment

Sorry to hear MF that is a difficult situation.

I think you can put most of the blame on his illness. Its not really fair to ask parents to cope alone with mental illness for extended periods.

Sadly CAMHS is too short staffed and poorly organised, we have tried to refer children to them via the school as well and they talk about seeing them months in the future so they aren't really any use when the illness starts. Mental health services were disbanded decades ago and the Police see more actual insane people (clearing up after the mess the outbursts cause) than the NHS do.

Hope you all get through it!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Good to know that Family Guy is essential training for budding terrorists
              Don't let him watch "Yes minister" or they will lock him up.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Don't let him watch "Yes minister" or they will lock him up. he'll become Prime Minister
                FTFY

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Jeez, sorry to hear.

Comment

Some friends of mine adopted a kid when he was about 3. Never an easy kid, at age 16 he ended up banging on his mother's locked bedroom door, demanding to be given his stash of marijuana. She called the police and he was taken into care.

Fast forward a few years, he's clean, and a loving father with a son, and in regular friendly contact with his friends. Just so you know - there is hope. But also, at some point, you might just have to give up.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Oh, the delicious irony.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      I am now of the opinion that Spod is really his father.

As he;s just reached 14 he's now 6 foot 1, Spod is still coming to mind and I may push for a DNA test.
                      I just came here looking for something, saw how this thread started, thought, 'Figures' and came to the end and saw your most recent post.

Your nastiness, total lack of empathy and constant sniping to cause pain are the reasons I no longer frequent this site. I am one of the many you pushed away.

I could no longer bear the pain and anger you were causing me and others with your total lack of ability to understand that when people ask for help online with real life crises, they were suffering and seeking supportive guidance and advice, not your standard heartless and belittling responses. You promoted a culture of hardness and unsympathetic humiliation on this site. Perhaps your child is modelling himself on his father.

Want help or TLC? Here's some:

Grow some and toughen up.

Yeah, that kid is definitely yours. Assuming your posts are even genuine.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X