• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You''ll live where we put you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I agree. But I think the initial focus is wrong.

Alot of companies and richer people pay little tax. Hence they should have no say either.
    I've seen too many families moved into brand new homes on really nice estates in my time and I think this is a welcome change. A little tax is still more tax than paying no tax, not that it's right that they pay a ridiculously low amount of tax but I don't believe either that they should be asked to foot the bill.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

you can pay for people who are not working to live in expensive areas making landlords richer and excluding the less well paid or you can say to those that have little daily connection to the area to move somewhere else.

You pay you have a choice, you don't pay you have a right to safe housing but not a choice.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I agree. But I think the initial focus is wrong.

Alot of companies and richer people pay little tax. Hence they should have no say either.
        separate issue. both are wrong but the solution or problem are not linked.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Scotland?
          I think that ia an excellent plan. Lets move all the unemployed to Scotland in time for independence.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            I think that ia an excellent plan. Lets move all the unemployed to Scotland in time for independence.
            yeah they have the expertise dealing with a high proportion of welfare claimants

Comment

if you ain't paying you have no choice - it is that simple.

the government has a duty to try and house and protect you assuming you following some basic rules.

they do not have a duty to house you in an area of your choosing

Comment

A prime example for you I worked in Cardiff right up until I became a contractor but my house is 10 miles North of Cardiff because I couldn't get anything decent there for the money that I had at the time yet there are 1000's of people who are housed in Cardiff that don't work at all.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

The problem with that sort of policy is that you don't get a good community mix. Is it healthy to have entire areas (the whole of the south east?) where there are no poor people?

I'd say that if you've grown up in an area, you should be able to stay there. But you should be discouraged from moving to an expensive area just coz you fancy it.

Comment

But then if you live on a lovely estate and have people living in the neighbourhood who don't give a toss as it's not their property, so they have parties, block the street with cars they're fixing up and have piles of junk in the garden. Is it really fair on those people who have bought in that area?
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      The problem with that sort of policy is that you don't get a good community mix. Is it healthy to have entire areas (the whole of the south east?) where there are no poor people?
                      Its good to have poor people - just exclude the chavs. A friend lives on an estate which is 50% private, 50% council. The council bit is supposed to be for nurses, dustmen, street cleaners etc. But it is just full of work shy chavs.

Comment

Working...
                      X