• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are Contractors guarded anal coonts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a extract from a ad on jobserve working in a Government dept.

Experience of ...... would also be beneficial as would the personality to pass your knowledge to permanent members of the team.

This implies contactors are guarded anal coonts.

Begs the question

It also implies permies are a bunch of useless lazy gits who don't have the initiative to learn anything themselves.

Comment

Not quite. I would suggest that the personality required to pass on any skills beyond the ability to spend 2 hours making coffee to permies is that of a primary school teacher.

Mr SAS you posted while I was crafting my own response...
      It also implies permies are a bunch of useless lazy gits who don't have the initiative to learn anything themselves.
      There is no need to imply this - it's a given.

Comment

anal coonts
        Bit of a contradiction in terms there, no?

Comment

This implies contactors are guarded anal coonts
          Teaching Civil Servants is like teaching a monkey to play the banjo.

Comment

NumptyCorner: Done several contracts like that. Often asked to give my lecture on the use of Zen in systems development.

threaded in "be 1 with the 0" mode.

Comment

Which was nice.

Comment

This implies contactors are guarded anal coonts
                It implies that the company is too tight to pay for its staff to be properly trained and wants to leech off me.

Comment

No, it implies they want you to train their staff. If you don't want to do it, don't take the job. At least they are being up front about it.

Comment

@#%$ off, I'm not telling you for free.

Comment

Working...
                    X