• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skyfall - warning, contains spoilers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
    So if Goldfinger hasn't happened yet, how come he's already got the car?
    He does not have it - it got destroyed
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
      So if Goldfinger hasn't happened yet, how come he's already got the car?
      Don't try and understand the Bond timeline, it'll never work.

Arguably this film is still part of the re-boot prequel series, given it ends with the gun barrel sequence, we get introduced to Moneypenny and M is now back in a proper office.

Yet throughout the film Bond's treated as an archaic dinosaur of yesteryear that's past his sell-by date.
      Gronda Gronda

Comment

One of the scenes I didn't like was when he sneaked up on the girl in the shower and shagged her despite her telling him she was a (child) sex slave. Another was the complete disregard when she was shot dead "waste of a good scotch".

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
          One of the scenes I didn't like was when he sneaked up on the girl in the shower and shagged her despite her telling him she was a (child) sex slave. Another was the complete disregard when she was shot dead "waste of a good scotch".
          Bond may be one of the "Good Guys" in the films, but these days he's not one of the "Nice Guys" and the definition of good guy is definitely flexible.

Back at the start when he's having the psych exam, his response to the word "Murder" is "Employment".
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Yeah but to clarify for those who haven't seen it - she's grown up now - it's not jimmy saville creeping up on her
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Wifey pointed out in the Roger Moore days, he'd have done his move, shot the henchmen, rescued the girl, capture the bad guys and then drunk the scotch saying something about it being a waste to have spilled it.

That and the totally unnecessary tube train bit were the weakest points of the film. But overall - loved it.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was amazed how he was in Westminster which was actually the old Willis Coroon building in Trinity Square right by Tower Hill.

That's the fun bit about films based in. London how the characters end up miles away from where they are supposed to be.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  I was amazed how he was in Westminster which was actually the old Willis Coroon building in Trinity Square right by Tower Hill.

That's the fun bit about films based in. London how the characters end up miles away from where they are supposed to be.
                  But he did go sprinting down Whitehall to get there
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Wife and I are going to see this on Wednesday.

So I didn't read any of the thread.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Also how he got on the 'District Line' but it was actually more like a Jubilee Line station and carriage

Then when the train came crashing through the roof it was empty, despite him just getting off a 'rush hour' train
                      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                      X