• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skyfall - warning, contains spoilers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by portseven View Post
    Also how he got on the 'District Line' but it was actually more like a Jubilee Line station and carriage

Then when the train came crashing through the roof it was empty, despite him just getting off a 'rush hour' train
    I didn't understand why the train was empty either.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      I didn't understand why the train was empty either.
      That's becuase there was nobody on it...

As regards the car, ISTR Q saying in Goldfinger "The car is a standard issue Aston Martin DB5...", so there could be more than one.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        Wife and I are going to see this on Wednesday.

So I didn't read any of the thread.
        THE BUTLER DID IT!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          THE BUTLER DID IT!
          Hell of a name for a Butler, "James Bond"...

Last edited by SupremeSpod; 29 November 2012, 13:05.

Comment

Just seen it! At what point thought Silver was going to the Jaws character when he was showing off his teeth!!!! But obviously just showing what cyanide can do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
              Just seen it! At what point thought Silver was going to the Jaws character when he was showing off his teeth!!!! But obviously just showing what cyanide can do!!!
              Seemed a bit strange... He takes out his teeth, and half his entire face falls away. Puts his teeth back in, and his face miraculously rebuilds itself!

Still, a nice trick to entertain the ladies with at Christmas parties.

Oh, and I'm glad JD's rendition of M finally got killed off - couldn't stand the moaning bitch. Same bloody lines, temperament and delivery in every Bond film she appeared in; a character long past it's sell-by date (shame, as she's a great actress - they should have given her more to do.)

Still, after a terribly clichéd first 30-40 minutes, the film gets progressively better. Enjoyed it quite a lot by the end. Best Bond movie in years, IMHO.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Saw it this afternoon. Enjoyable and Ralph wotshisname will be a good M.

Q annoyed the fck out of me. A cross between Mos from IT crowd and the last few Dr Who incarnations.

Enjoyed the opening sequence but they are always good. Would have enjoyed the start more if my arse wasn't so sore from being violated by Odeon prices.

Comment

Film looked great, cinematography stunning in places. Lots of action, if a little unbelievable in places e.g the way he ran up the wall and clung onto the lift was like something out of a Spiderman film. Story was pretty poor and predictable. 6/10 IMHO

Comment

Working...
                  X