• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel Duty increase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The tax burden is going up naturally because people live longer - social security state costs a lot of dosh.

It's not just Labour to blame for it, but all things equal one party is more likely to tax than the other, and that party name is Labour.
    So as usual your contention is purely on the basis of your own bigoted dogma rather than even the most cursory look at.any evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      I couldn't tell you the price of fuel and don't care. If I want to drive I buy fuel, end of.

What to do about escalating prices, fuel companies making record profits? No fckn idea but if you don't like it then do something about it.
      WCHS +1

If you are worried about the price of fuel, buy a cheaper to run car, or start using public transport.

Unless cold fusion comes soon, or an alien lands and gives us cheaper energy, the price will simply go up, and up, and up and if you don't like it, do something about it.

There are technologies out there, in which you get serious grants from, which can save you heaps of money. We bought a multifuel energy manager for £8k which was already subsidised by the Government by £6k. We have Solar panels which generate enough money to give me a profit in 7-9 years, and have a lifespan of 25 years +, we have a small wind turbine generating money (it's quite tulipe though and we will buy a new one once we have moved), we have a ground source heat pump and don't really have to heat the house at all. Have you triple insulated your loft?

So many things you should be doing.

Comment

Question - is fuel duty imposed as a %, or as a fixed amount per litre? If the former then why would it need to go up; if the latter then why isn't it the former?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          We have Solar panels which generate enough money to give me a profit in 7-9 years, and have a lifespan of 25 years +
          Just had a new boiler installed and I looked at solar panels but I'm thinking in 3 years we'll move so I decided not to have them installed. There were a few companies installing them for free which I applied for but the roof is apparently to small, which is bollocks as when I rang them and asked them to come out to see how much it would cost me to have them if I paid they didn't mention the roof was too small and I even mentioned it.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            Just had a new boiler installed and I looked at solar panels but I'm thinking in 3 years we'll move so I decided not to have them installed. There were a few companies installing them for free which I applied for but the roof is apparently to small, which is bollocks as when I rang them and asked them to come out to see how much it would cost me to have them if I paid they didn't mention the roof was too small and I even mentioned it.
            They operate on the principle they make the tarif, so they'll only put it on your roof for free if it's tangible for them to make a profit. It's actually a very good test for homeowners to take before they decide, for it they will not do it, it's not worth you doing it either!

Comment

Working...
            X