• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racist Card played too many times?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Alex had it spot on this time.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Sir Alex had it spot on this time.
      Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

But "I couldn't give a monkey's" isn't racist - is it?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Only if you're an ape.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Sir Alex had to stop is as he wanted to select Clattenburg for the next match.
            ftfy

Comment

Could be that SAF has some integrity. Chelsea also do have form. I genuinely hope they throw the book at both players and team. Especialy after supporting that cant Terry.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                But "I couldn't give a monkey's" isn't racist - is it?
                nope but it contains the word Monkey - which could be deemed racist...

although I heard he called Mikel a Cheeky Monkey.......

which again is only racist if you want to make it so

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  nope but it contains the word Monkey - which could be deemed racist...

although I heard he called Mikel a Cheeky Monkey.......

which again is only racist if you want to make it so
                  I initially thought he actually said go away Mikel, but with his broad northern accent, the other player, whose name escapes me, thought he'd said monkey, and went into the changing room to tell Mikel, who then approached Clattenberg, and then made a complaint. That's the first thing I read.

Not too sure a grown adult male would call another grown adult male a cheeky monkey mind.
                  Last edited by Old Hack; 14 November 2012, 12:55. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Working...
                  X