• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain stuck with high inflation, meagre growth..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain stuck with high inflation, meagre growth..

This is the top headline on Google news.

Ok then, what's the solution.... How do we get out of this tulipty situation.

Armchair economists please step forward with your answers.

I'm bored of the recession now.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

The problem is high debt. Which causes meagre growth. We get out of it via inflation.

I now await sas to come along and call me a cretin......

Comment

We need to tighten our belts, luxuries such as second class travel will become a thing of the past.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Low taxes for those who actually pay them.

Labour camps for those who don't*.

* except pensioners, disabled and children.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          The problem is high debt. Which causes meagre growth. We get out of it via inflation.

I now await sas to come along and call me a cretin......
          Nop. The same amount of money is in the world economy as before the recession.

The problem at the moment is with:-

The banks

The monopoly of multinational companies controlling resources.

Multinational companies fiddling taxes

Jobs being off-shored.

The recession will go on at leaset another ten years if the government fails to take appropriate action.

Austerity measures never got any country out of recession.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            The total amount of money is growing slowly but prices on almost everything grow much quicker.

Comment

Jobs being off-shored.
              For most of the last 1000 years East and West have had similar living standards. Its only been the last 200 years they diverged.

At some point they will equalize. And its good to end world poverty?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                At some point they will equalize. And its good to end world poverty?
                It's a lot cheaper to make everybody poor...

Comment

First thing we need to do is regain control of our borders which means leaving the EU amongst other things.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

The problem at the moment is with:-

The banks
                    The monopoly of multinational companies controlling resources.
                    Multinational companies fiddling taxes
                    all utter bollocks, but do go on believing what you want to believe.

Jobs being off-shored.
                    Nearer the mark - You can sum up the problem (for us) in one word, with 1001 manifestations, globalization.

The recession will go on at leaset another ten years if the government fails to take appropriate action.

Austerity measures never got any country out of recession.
                    If you're on a canal boat in a lock and someone opens a giant sluice gate into a second lock, much larger and with a much lower water level, the "appropriate action" is to hold on tight and realise you can do f*** all else until the water levels equalize.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X