• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting hammered with ClientCo Manager's Boss....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting hammered with ClientCo Manager's Boss....

... good move or bad?

Networking/Bonding or chance to end up without a job the next day?

Guess I should see today.

Oh my head hurts.

He paid for all the drinks, does that mean I am a disguised employee and inside IR35?
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    ... good move or bad?

Networking/Bonding or chance to end up without a job the next day?

Guess I should see today.

Oh my head hurts.

He paid for all the drinks, does that mean I am a disguised employee and inside IR35?
    Are you sure you're cut out for getting drunk?

Comment

Depends, could you sit where you wanted and drink you want, or did the boss decide.

This is very important!
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Could you send EO as a substitute to undertake the drinking for you?

Comment

was there a defined set of deliverables and the method of drinking (sip or straw) left up to you?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Getting drunk with the boss can be a good move. But him personally paying for all the drinks is definitely a bad move. If he's expensing it though, that would be fine.

Also, it's possible he may fancy you.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Getting drunk with the boss can be a good move. But him personally paying for all the drinks is definitely a bad move. If he's expensing it though, that would be fine.

Also, it's possible he may fancy you.
              Maybe scrag is a 10 pinter on the MTTWould scale.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

It depends on what type of drunk you are.

In my case I had drinks with a director, and started expounding on capitalist theory and that the reason he is motivated to work in the finance sector was his motivation to earn money rather than his enjoyment of the job.
                At the time he was defensive, insisting that his job was his passion and the money was not a factor in it.
                The following morning he was after my blood...

(my immediate client manager had to tell him I was very good at my job, so he shouldn't fire me!)

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  It depends on what type of drunk you are.

In my case I had drinks with a director, and started expounding on capitalist theory and that the reason he is motivated to work in the finance sector was his motivation to earn money rather than his enjoyment of the job.
                  At the time he was defensive, insisting that his job was his passion and the money was not a factor in it.
                  The following morning he was after my blood...

(my immediate client manager had to tell him I was very good at my job, so he shouldn't fire me!)
                  Try dealing with it the morning after explaining that you espouse the violent overthrow of the capitalist and managerial classes.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I never ever get drunk with work.

5 or 6 pints, make my excuses then head home.

Comment

Working...
                    X