• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Majestic under threat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Majestic under threat?

Vietnamese Google-killer searches like it's 1996 ? The Register

Alexander Smirnov, business development director of Russian search firm Ashmanov and Partners, which supplied the underlying technology, said this method of searching is in sync with Vietnamese users, especially on the mobile.

Looks a bit Metro-visual to me.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Majestic has got sod all to do with searching.

It's now morphed into a web crawler + backlinks database for SEO, spammers and the like.

But hey, it pays for the DFS sofa on interest free credit, so it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

It's now morphed into a web crawler + backlinks database for SEO, spammers and the like.

Jeez Atw's life's work is just to make it easy for spammers?
      That's the beauty of the UK, we take our immigrants and make them as useless as we are
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

But hey, it pays for the DFS sofa on interest free credit, so it's all good.

I know, that, you know that but Alexei bites best when you wind him up about having a search engine. Anyway I do try to make these links relevant to the community.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That reminds me, I must get round to improving the 1950s style search on the free wild flower pics page on my business website.

if (enteredString>=name[n]) display(n);

Hey aTw! Gotta job for me?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

TFFT, I thought my wine supplier was going to go bankrupt.

Comment

It's now morphed into a web crawler + backlinks database for SEO
              World leading product in its niche

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                World leading product in its niche
                is it leather ?
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

AtW is like Steve Jobs of Majestic SEO. As long as he is in charge it will continue to innovate and succeed in its marketplace.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    AtW is like Steve Jobs of Majestic SEO. As long as he is in charge it will continue to innovate and succeed in its marketplace.

Comment

Working...
                    X