• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed

Back at my old gig to help out for 3 weeks. Been here 5 days and been tearing round like a blue arsed fly helping out "under the radar" with all manner of things I am not here to do, as the main ERP project enters it's delivery phase.

Politically tense, and quite funny as people discretly hand me pieces of paper with urgent help messages as they don't want to get caught asking for my help

Project exec just hauled me into his office to ask what I had been working on this week. So I told him the stuff I was working on that I could tell him, then he dragged the rest out of me.

I was waiting for a kicking, but instead he said I was clearly extremely useful to the project and offered me a 6 month extension!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Congrats
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Well Done!
      Join IPSE

Comment

Have a
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Finally, the recognition you deserve. Now where are the Suity bashers ?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

I ran them out of town
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Congrats, beers on you in December then.

Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

I think he's currently banned. I've never been a Suity basher but could never resist the prime material he offered at times.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Well done SY

Are you sure you can cope with the go-live and the pressure/stress this is going to bring ?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Back at my old gig to help out for 3 weeks. Been here 5 days and been tearing round like a blue arsed fly helping out "under the radar" with all manner of things I am not here to do, as the main ERP project enters it's delivery phase.

Politically tense, and quite funny as people discretly hand me pieces of paper with urgent help messages as they don't want to get caught asking for my help

Project exec just hauled me into his office to ask what I had been working on this week. So I told him the stuff I was working on that I could tell him, then he dragged the rest out of me.

I was waiting for a kicking, but instead he said I was clearly extremely useful to the project and offered me a 6 month extension!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

but make sure you're not inside IR35.
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X