• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do in my situation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
    Good game plan - I like your thinking. Gets me through the season, and gives me a good genuine reason when I am actively looking around Easter time, and gives me breathing space to do a good job on my next role. Money is important, but so is my reputation. (Internet fantasy not counted obviously!!)

Got plenty of experience in my last role - plenty of certified training (ITIL plus, HP QC Admin, Prince2, etc), but the challenge is finding a role where I can use the additional skills I have gained.

I have effectively got a test function up and running from ground zero, introducing the templates, working closely with the PM's etc. The challenge I have is that this kind of role is not available in the area all the time, it is more of a one-off, hence looking to diversify into project management.

It is tough out there - I would urge any die-hard contractors on the bench to look into permie options, but make sure that you just have 4 weeks on that contract with a weeks notice within the first 6 months.......
    Morrisons are looking for contract PMs £400 per day.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Morrisons are looking for contract shelf stackers £400 per week.
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
        It is tough out there - I would urge any die-hard contractors on the bench to look into permie options, but make sure that you just have 4 weeks on that contract with a weeks notice within the first 6 months.......
        It doesn't sound that tough out there with all those interviews and a job offer inside a month. Have you tried pressuring the agents/Cos for the 3 preferred jobs by saying you are about to take a less preferred job and can they turn things around quickly so as not to lose your valuable skills !? Worth a try !?

Comment

Why is there no poll with this thread?

Personally I would go back to the Italian neighbours and see if they wanted any hits doing.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            It doesn't sound that tough out there with all those interviews and a job offer inside a month. Have you tried pressuring the agents/Cos for the 3 preferred jobs by saying you are about to take a less preferred job and can they turn things around quickly so as not to lose your valuable skills !? Worth a try !?
            Or offer the agent that gets you a decent job £1000 in a brown bag.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Or offer the agent that gets you a decent job £1000 in a brown bag.
              It would be a bit like the referral fees they offer us ie. they'd never actually get it

Comment

Why not take time off and train for a triathlon?

The Wilmlsow Triathlon is on Sunday 12th May 2013.

HTH

Comment

take the job and stop moaning. you have an offer just take it.

Or see if you can find Esther Rantzen and give here a call

Comment

Working...
                  X