• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Palestinians are getting a smartening...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    ; it's long been a political, religious cultural and strategic hot potato and has been passed between Jews, Christians and muslims since the dawn of feckin mankind to be frank.
    Its where Africa , Asia and Europe meet. Its a natural choke point and an inevitable hot spot, particularly in ancient times.
    Did You Know ? The word Armageddon comes from a city in the area where almost every army passing through was obliged to fight at least one battle
    The city of Meggido , in Northern Israel

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Some interesting statistics. The current problem for Israel is population shrinkage. It is no longer the land of milk and honey. The problems for the Palestinians are that it was not just their country that was taken, but also their individual homes and land. Israel considers the land theirs but does not give them a vote. In the West Bank there are even separate roads for Jews and Arabs. Can you get more segregated than that?

Immigration to Israel: Table of Contents

The million missing Israelis - Israeli emigration &mdash; FMEP
      Yes

try the segregation between men and women in Saudi
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I may be a bit one-sided as one of my very good friends is from Palestine and my brother is currently in the West-Bank (he flew out last monday).

If anyone is interested he has started a blog, (his first attempt at a website so please be gentle)

edknight972's Blog | A great WordPress.com site

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Yes

try the segregation between men and women in Saudi
          Both are very wrong. Don't get me going about the Saudis.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
            If anyone is interested he has started a blog, (his first attempt at a website so please be gentle)

edknight972's Blog | A great WordPress.com site
            That's better than 99% of blogs I've ever read.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              Fook me, Palestine per se wasn't a country, more a region and I'd be very surprised to hear people called someone a palestinian, as the area was made up of just about anyone and everyone in that region, from as far afield as russia; it's long been a political, religious cultural and strategic hot potato and has been passed between Jews, Christians and muslims since the dawn of feckin mankind to be frank.

The reason they are fighting is because to Arabs, the idea of judaism is anethema, Arabs are inherently anti semetic and believe that jews want to dispossess of the arabic population (they think they are the indigenous race/creed: they aren't), and they want to wipe them off the face of earth. Strategically, it sits between the old and new worlds really and like Turkey is a gateway to the middle east.

Israel wanted a homeland, and land grabbed.

They hate each other. One side rich, the other side poor.

Factor in the geography, the support (in the way of arms and money for their prophets (suicide bombers)) from other arabic countries nearby and you have, pretty much, perfect conditions for an altercation
              one side largely Democratic and free, the other totalitarian. You forgot the bit that Islam is a religion that used be on the ascendency. The restoration of a Jewish state is a kick in the teeth, showing that Allah isn't happy with them, since Islam was supposed to be the natural successor to Judaism and then Christianity. So, the complete anihiliation of Israel is very much the focus for many Muslims.

Generally, the Palestinians are looked down upon by other Muslims (there is a small percentage of Christian Palestinians, but they're increasingly persecuted by the Muslim population. Many have left to resettle in the US. As they were often the ones earning money, this has impoverished the Palestinians further). The Palestinians are useful to the surrounding Muslim states to keep pressure on Israel, and enhance Israel's reputation as the "neighbourhood bully". That is why it is very difficult for a Palestinian Muslim who wants to get out, to resettle in any Muslim state. Effectively, they're trapped, with no hope, no resources.

Frankly, their best bet would be to make peace with Israel, entirely disarm, even become part of Israel rather than self-governing, and then breed the heck out of the Jews and take over. That won't happen, because the surrounding nations want the war to continue.

The reason it's not kicking off in the West Bank (yet) is that Hamas don't rule there.

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
              ... (his first attempt at a website so please be gentle)...
              Ah well, hope springs eternal! (Actually, it's not bad, though the content might offend some!)

Funnily enough, the West Bank, before Israel took it, was part of Jordan, and the Gaza Strip was part of Egypt - both of whom acquired it through military conquest through 1948-1967. Such fun!
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I read online somewhere that the plan was :

Kick off against Egypt, flatten key tactical and strategical locations, then kick off against Hesbollah in January 2013. With Israels Neighbours both being dealt "smartenings", then kick off against Iran.

I also read they were playing wargames these past few months and this plan was the outcome.

See if I can find the link. Back in a sec ....

Edit : Here tis
                Last edited by suityou01; 19 November 2012, 19:49.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                X