• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Black Friday thing on Amazon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is it worth watching, are they genuine big discounts or is it a bit like being tricked by airport duty-free shops into assuming things must be cheaper?
    After a decade or two of not even glimpsing at duty free I recently checked a few booze items in the airport duty free against local Lanzarote supermarket prices, a complete rip off, not just a few quid more.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      But buying a £99 piece of kit you don't really need just because it is cheap doesn't make it a bargain.
      Yeah but at a ton it's practically disposable.

If I didn't have an iPad I reckon I'd get one in a shot just for Netflix.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Is it worth watching, are they genuine big discounts or is it a bit like being tricked by airport duty-free shops into assuming things must be cheaper?
        It's some American think. All the press is full of Black Friday sales, seems the equivalent of our Boxing Day sales. People started queuing for one store at 8pm last night for them to open at 12.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ive never even heard of Black Friday in this context, I thought this was when shares crashed on a Friday.

Comment

BBC News - Black Friday: US begins its key sales weekend

There you go. My flight isn't until 9pm tonight so I may as well go shopping.

Comment

Just bought a waterproof jacket. This is getting expensive. Think I'd better stop looking.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                Ive never even heard of Black Friday in this context, I thought this was when shares crashed on a Friday.
                It's only Amazon who seem to 'celebrate' it in the UK really, and that's relatively recent.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Just picked up a five piece luggage set for $50. Now going to fill it!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Just picked up a five piece luggage set for $50. Now going to fill it!
                    Thought you only had 3 kids.

Comment

Working...
                    X