• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Web hosting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web hosting

Any recommendations for a UK hoster?

To host what?

Flat HTML? LAMP? IIS on Windows Server?
    Last edited by RasputinDude; 19 November 2012, 14:21. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
      To host what?

Flat HTML? LAMP? IIS on Windows Server?
      Just Vanilla at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        Just Vanilla at the moment
        Vanilla what? or do you mean just plain static simple html files and a few images.

No wordpress no drupal no databases no scripts.....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

http://www.tsohost.co.uk/
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Vanilla what? or do you mean just plain static simple html files and a few images.

No wordpress no drupal no databases no scripts.....
            Yes, just ordinary static HTML 5 at the moment. To progress at a later date to other stuff.

Thanks CH

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              Yes, just ordinary static HTML 5 at the moment. To progress at a later date to other stuff.

Thanks CH
              Without knowing what the other stuff will be there is little to go on. tsohost is probably over kill but its cloud stuff allows you to run either linux or windows when the time comes so go with cliphead's suggestion.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Maybe this should be moved to technical?

1 and 1 have ok packages for vanilla stuff. They're generally ok for reliability and speed is acceptable. Expanding it may be an issue in the future though.

Comment

I sell web hosting. will cope with static pages, ASP.NET (inc MVC), PHP, MySQL, MS SQL.

Drop me a PM.

GE

Comment

https://www.vidahost.com/

£17 per year for the starter package, excellent customer service and reliability.

(I have a discount code if you decide to go down the route, PM if you are interested)
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X